A1 re-opens hours after overturned lorry caused carriageway blockage
- Credit: Archant
The A1 has been re-opened after a lorry which overturned and blocked the carriageway was cleared
The Great North Road was blocked northbound at the Southoe turn off because of an accident involving a lorry and a minibus, with the overturned lorry blocking the carriageway.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said: “The incident also involved a Toyota Estima Emina. The road is closed at the Black Cat roundabout and a diversion is in place. The vehicles have now been recovered.”
The East of England Ambulance Service also attended the scene.
A spokesman for the service said: “An ambulance crew, rapid response vehicle and ambulance officer attended the scene.
You may also want to watch:
“We had a report of five patients. One patient – a woman with minor injuries - was taken by ambulance to Hinchingbrooke Hospital for further treatment.”
Anyone who witnessed the collision should contact police on 101.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 5 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 8 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan