A taste of Broadway as village plays host to charity concert
- Credit: Archant
Hemingford Abbots Village Hall was packed to the rafters for a special charity concert on October 1.
Hemingford Does Broadway saw a host of performers take to the stage to raise money for Dan’s Hope, a Huntingdonshire charity which supports research into muscular dystrophy.
Among those who appeared were The Vocal Wisdom Voice Studio, Thrapston Opera, and Rotary Voice.
Chris Shannon, who helped organise the event, said: “The concert was extremely well supported. We had a full house and it raised about £1,000, with a couple of donations coming in since the event.
“It was a big community effort from people in the Hemingfords and a great result for a small village hall, we are really pleased.”
You may also want to watch:
Dan’s Hope was set up by James and Debra Mclellan, of Huntingdon, whose son, Dan, 8, has Ullrich congenital muscular dystrophy.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer