A step in the right direction for Sawtry’s dancing star Lauren Steadman
- Credit: Archant
Paralympic star Lauren Steadman put in another sterling performance to secure her spot in next week’s Strictly Come Dancing show.
The 26-year-old danced the jive to ‘Girlfriend’ by Avirl Lavigne and did well enough to secure one of her best scores to date.
Lauren, a double world champion paratriathlete and six-time European champion, was given a score of eight by judges Shirley Ballas, Darcy Bussell and Bruno Tonioli and a seven by Craig Revel Horwood.
Lauren and professional partner AJ Pritchard scored 31 out of 40 for this week’s routine placing them fifth on the leaderboard, above Graeme Swann.
Dr Ranj Singh was the celebrity sent packing this week.
Lauren, who was born without a complete right arm, won a silver medal at the Rio 2016 games in the paratriathlon.
She has competed in three Paralympics, in both swimming and the paratriathlon. She competed at both the 2008 Paralympics in Beijing and the 2012 Paralympics in London as a swimmer.
- 1 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 2 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Pub of the Year finalists
- 3 Trainee chef reaches finals of national competition
- 4 'The impossible is possible' - Cambs' Kat Cordiner breaks Atlantic record
- 5 Bakery and baking school opens after Crowdfunding push
- 6 Petition calls on county council to reject waste incinerator
- 7 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 8 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 9 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 10 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
Strictly Come Dancing will return on Saturday.