A step in the right direction for Sawtry’s dancing star Lauren Steadman
- Credit: Archant
Paralympic star Lauren Steadman put in another sterling performance to secure her spot in next week’s Strictly Come Dancing show.
The 26-year-old danced the jive to ‘Girlfriend’ by Avirl Lavigne and did well enough to secure one of her best scores to date.
Lauren, a double world champion paratriathlete and six-time European champion, was given a score of eight by judges Shirley Ballas, Darcy Bussell and Bruno Tonioli and a seven by Craig Revel Horwood.
Lauren and professional partner AJ Pritchard scored 31 out of 40 for this week’s routine placing them fifth on the leaderboard, above Graeme Swann.
Dr Ranj Singh was the celebrity sent packing this week.
You may also want to watch:
Lauren, who was born without a complete right arm, won a silver medal at the Rio 2016 games in the paratriathlon.
She has competed in three Paralympics, in both swimming and the paratriathlon. She competed at both the 2008 Paralympics in Beijing and the 2012 Paralympics in London as a swimmer.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
Strictly Come Dancing will return on Saturday.