A step in the right direction as shoe shop moves into new premises
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a Huntingdon shoe shop are celebrating after the opening of a new store.
Owner Rod Galbraith cut the ribbon on the new Chequers Shoes unit in Chequers Court after wanting more space for its ever-growing collection.
Mr Galbraith said: “We have wanted to grow the site for a while and develop the business into children’s shoes as there is a big demand for choice in the area.”
The move will also give the shop, which opened more than two years, the chance to stock a greater selection of European brands.
“We thought why should people have to travel to Cambridge – there has not been a good branded footwear shop in the area for along time,” added Mr Galbraith.
You may also want to watch:
Since the shop opened last week customers have commented on the greater selection and the increased space.
In the coming months the shop will open an entire floor dedicated to men’s shoes.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 8 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 9 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester