A flying start for church’s appeal to save ageing spire
- Credit: Archant
More than £5,000 has now been raised in aid of the Save Our Spire appeal in St Ives.
The initiative was started to help secure funds for the Free Church, in Market Hill, where its spire is in urgent need of repairs.
The fundraising night, on February 17, saw a programme of music performed by clarinet player, Beverley Budd, and pianist Jayne South.
The night also included compositions from Saint Saens, Debussy and Andre Messager, with a total of £5,600 raised.
A spokesman for the group said: “Beverley and Jayne were delighted to play on behalf of the Save Our Spire appeal. All who love the spire are very grateful for their contribution.”
You may also want to watch:
The appeal needs a total of £55,000 to carry out the work on the spire.
Visit the Free Church to donate.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding