A festive surprise at Huntingdon care homes
- Credit: Archant
Pensioners were handed festive surprise earlier this month thanks to staff at a Huntingdon supermarket.
Staff at the Tesco Extra store, in Abbots Ripton Road, joined forces with community groups to put together present boxes.
Community Champion from the Tesco store, Alyce Barber, said: “We wanted to do something to make sure that elderly people across the area had a little extra something this Christmas.
“The local community groups have been fantastic in helping us to put them together and we hope that they help deliver a little bit of festive cheer this Christmas.”
Among the recipients were residents at Ringshill Care Home, in Sallowbush Road, and Hunters Down care centre in Hartford Road.
You may also want to watch:
Isolated elderly people from across the area also received a shoe box each during a Christmas Day get together at the Medway Centre.
Each box contained gifts such as perfume, scarfs, puzzle books and chocolate and more than 200 were put together.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding