A festive surprise at Huntingdon care homes
- Credit: Archant
Pensioners were handed festive surprise earlier this month thanks to staff at a Huntingdon supermarket.
Staff at the Tesco Extra store, in Abbots Ripton Road, joined forces with community groups to put together present boxes.
Community Champion from the Tesco store, Alyce Barber, said: “We wanted to do something to make sure that elderly people across the area had a little extra something this Christmas.
“The local community groups have been fantastic in helping us to put them together and we hope that they help deliver a little bit of festive cheer this Christmas.”
Among the recipients were residents at Ringshill Care Home, in Sallowbush Road, and Hunters Down care centre in Hartford Road.
You may also want to watch:
Isolated elderly people from across the area also received a shoe box each during a Christmas Day get together at the Medway Centre.
Each box contained gifts such as perfume, scarfs, puzzle books and chocolate and more than 200 were put together.
- 1 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 2 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 3 Harrowing video warning from seriously ill 20-year-old who survived Covid
- 4 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 5 First patients in St Ives to receive Covid-19 vaccination
- 6 24-hour speaking event supports mental health charity
- 7 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 8 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 9 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 10 Wood Green animal charity launches appeal for new cattery