A dog not just for life... it’s for Movember!
- Credit: Archant
It’s not just men who can grow facial hair to raise money to battle prostate cancer ... dogs can now take part in Movember.
Woof&Brew, which produces natural blends of tea to improve canine health, has launched its own Movember campaign for canines.
The company, which was launched at Crufts earlier this year and has recently moved into an office in Free Church Passage, St Ives, is asking people to send pictures of their dogs and a picture of their choice of moustache – from the Winnfield to the handlebar – and Woof&Brew will put the two together.
Steve Bennett, one of the firm’s founders, said: “I am growing a moustache and beard, raising money for men’s healthcare charities, and as we all have dogs and are a business associated with dogs, we came up with the idea.
“I am not a bearded man normally and it is horrendously uncomfortable and I’d like to share the pain with others!”
You may also want to watch:
For a £1 donation, the dog’s picture, complete with tache, will be posted on the firm’s Facebook page, where visitors can vote for their favourite moustached mutt.
Mr Bennett said: “We launched it on November 10 and we’ve already had an overwhelming response. It really seems to have captured people’s imaginations.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
In five days, the campaign had raised about £200.
The winner will receive a year’s supply of their choice of tea blend, a year’s subscription to Dog Friendly, as well as a feature in the magazine and a signed copy of Barking Blondes.
The runner-up will win two pouches of a Woof&Brew blend, feature in Dog Friendly and a signed copy of Barking Blondes.
INFORMATION: To enter visit www.woofandbrew.com or to view the entrants so far, visit www.facebook.com/woofandbrews
Dog tea spreads around the world – full story in next week’s Business Supplement.