A bumper weekend for model railway exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of people turned out to enjoy the fourth annual East Anglian Model Railway Exhibition at the weekend.
Held in the Britten Arena, at Wood Green Animal Shelter, the event saw more than 72 exhibits, 38 of which were railway layouts, with visitors coming from as far afield as County Durham to enjoy the festivities.
Across Saturday and Sunday, organisers say 2,750 people attended.
Jackie Younger, exhibition manager, said: “The event has got a reputation for exhibiting high quality layouts and receives a lot of very good reviews.
“It is such a significant event and takes more than a year to organise. The aim of the show is to exhibit the best in model railway, to promote the hobby and to educate.”
You may also want to watch:
The event is organised by the St Neots Model Railway Club.
Funds were raised on the day for Wood Green Animal Shelter, with a final amount still to be announced.
- 1 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
- 2 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 3 Man from Alconbury sentenced for sexual assault
- 4 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 5 New Shoe Zone 'concept store' opens
- 6 Godmanchester Mill River Enhancement project starts in May
- 7 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 8 Woman dies after car hits lamppost in Eaton Ford
- 9 New project provides more information about Great Ouse Valley Way
- 10 Village was location of rail disaster and hosted music festival for many years
For more information about the club, or the exhibition, log on to www.stneotsmrc.com