A bumper weekend for model railway exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of people turned out to enjoy the fourth annual East Anglian Model Railway Exhibition at the weekend.
Held in the Britten Arena, at Wood Green Animal Shelter, the event saw more than 72 exhibits, 38 of which were railway layouts, with visitors coming from as far afield as County Durham to enjoy the festivities.
Across Saturday and Sunday, organisers say 2,750 people attended.
Jackie Younger, exhibition manager, said: “The event has got a reputation for exhibiting high quality layouts and receives a lot of very good reviews.
“It is such a significant event and takes more than a year to organise. The aim of the show is to exhibit the best in model railway, to promote the hobby and to educate.”
The event is organised by the St Neots Model Railway Club.
Funds were raised on the day for Wood Green Animal Shelter, with a final amount still to be announced.
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 3 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 4 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 7 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 8 Man dies following crash on A1198 near St Ives last month
- 9 Christmas Light Switch On's are back this year
- 10 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
For more information about the club, or the exhibition, log on to www.stneotsmrc.com