A bumper weekend for model railway exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of people turned out to enjoy the fourth annual East Anglian Model Railway Exhibition at the weekend.
Held in the Britten Arena, at Wood Green Animal Shelter, the event saw more than 72 exhibits, 38 of which were railway layouts, with visitors coming from as far afield as County Durham to enjoy the festivities.
Across Saturday and Sunday, organisers say 2,750 people attended.
Jackie Younger, exhibition manager, said: “The event has got a reputation for exhibiting high quality layouts and receives a lot of very good reviews.
“It is such a significant event and takes more than a year to organise. The aim of the show is to exhibit the best in model railway, to promote the hobby and to educate.”
You may also want to watch:
The event is organised by the St Neots Model Railway Club.
Funds were raised on the day for Wood Green Animal Shelter, with a final amount still to be announced.
- 1 Roadworks around Huntingdon for week commencing March 8
- 2 Man's video doorbell showed 'masked man trying his car door handle' in early hours
- 3 Warning after attempted dog thefts
- 4 Plans for 120 homes on field next to former animal testing site in Houghton
- 5 Huntingdon firm's oldest employee looking forward to new normal
- 6 Huntingdon Bid chairman looking forward to town centre opening up
- 7 Police arrest 13 people, seize guns and more than £200k of drugs
- 8 Council leader faces claim he broke confidentiality on farmgate report
- 9 More signs of Spring and some interesting starling murmurations
- 10 Huntingdon man due in court for suspected drug deal charge
For more information about the club, or the exhibition, log on to www.stneotsmrc.com