�8,000 raised at St Neots charity golf day
TEE TIME FUNDRAISER: More than �8,000 was raised at this year’s St Neots town mayor’s annual charity golf day.
The event, which was held at Wyboston Lakes, was the 14th year the competition had been organised by the Rotary Club of St Neots St Mary’s.
Since inception the event has raised nearly �90,000 for the mayor’s charities.
This year’s event, which was sponsored by Wyboston Lakes, as well as Barclays Bank, Murco Kings Lane Garage, Qstar Precision, Charles Stanley Plc, Vindis and Oakpark Security, attracted 28 teams of four.
After playing 18 holes – with the prizes of golf days at John O’Gaunt, Gog Magog and Chiltern Forest Golf Clubs up for grabs – the winning team was The WAGS, a team from St Neots Golf Club comprising of Barry Jordan, John Hart, Mike Taylor and Frank Evans. The finished with an excellent score of 128 points.
You may also want to watch:
Money from the day will be distributed to local charities chosen by the Mayor Councillor Barry Chapman, Peter Hutchinson of Wyboston Lakes, and by the Rotary Club of St Neots St Mary’s.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 9 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester