65-year-old man seriously injured after car rolled over on A14
A MAN was seriously injured after his rolled over and left the A14 after a crash with a van.
He was travelling on the westbound carriageway at junction 20 at Ellington at 3.10pm on Thursday (August 16) when his Renault Clio collided with a white Vauxhall Combo, driven by a 58-year-old man from Corby.
Firefighters used specialist equipment to cut free the 65-year-old man, from the Huntingdon area, who was trapped inside the car on its side.
He was freed by 4pm and taken to hospital with serious but not life threatening injuries.
The van driver was not injured in the crash.
You may also want to watch:
PC Ian Swales said: “I am trying to find out exactly what happened in the moments leading up to this crash and would like to speak to anyone who saw the incident or either of the vehicles involved just prior.”
The slip road and one lane was closed for recovery.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
INFORMATION: If you saw the car and van before the incident call PC Ian Swales on 101.