�63m EuroMillions winning ticket was bought in Hertfordshire – and is still unclaimed
A EUROMILLIONS lottery jackpot of more than �63 million is still unclaimed two weeks on – and the winning ticket was bought just across the border in Hertfordshire.
Two lucky ticket-holders – one from the UK and one from Belgium – shared the bumper �127m jackpot for the draw made on Friday, June 8.
It has been revealed today (Thursday) that the winner from this country bought their ticket in the Stevenage and Hitchin area, but has yet to come forward to claim their prize.
And organisers at the National Lottery have urged players to “check, double-check and triple-check” their tickets to see if their numbers have come up.
The winning numbers were 5, 11, 22, 34, 40 and the Lucky Star numbers were 9 and 11.
You may also want to watch:
The full amount the ticket-holder has won is �63,837,543.60.
A National Lottery spokesman said in line with all major prizes won, if no claim was made within two weeks the general area the ticket was bought in is released.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
This is is designed to encourage tickets to be checked but also to enable the ticket-holder to remain anonymous if they wish.
While the ticket was bought in Stevenage or Hitchin, it is of course possible the buyer comes from further afield.
The spokesman said: “We’re desperate to find this mystery ticket-holder and unite them with their winnings and we’re urging everyone to try checking in the pockets of clothing, in wallets, bags and down the back of the sofa – someone out there could literally be sitting on a fortune!
“We have the Champagne on ice and our fingers crossed that the lucky winner comes forward to claim their win.”
* If you have the winning ticket, call the National Lottery Line on 0845 910 0000.
The ticket-holder has until 11pm on Wednesday, December 5 2012 to make their claim.