4Children start Cambridgeshire search for Family Hero
FAMILY charity 4Children and Take a Break has launched the search for this year’s family hero.
The organisers are looking for nominations in East of England to compete with others from all over the country to win the Family Hero 2012 award and �2,000.
Last year’s winner Adam Kerr donated bone marrow to his three-year-old sister Helen when he was six, to try an cure a rare form of cancer.
Adam, now 12, also raised money for children he’d met on his sister’s ward and gave them his toys.
Amanda Holden said: “Simple acts of kindness and support can make all the difference between a family getting through tough times or falling apart.
“I’m delighted to support the Family Heroes Awards because those people who are committed to helping others through the really difficult challenges family life can bring are true heroes and deserve the recognition these awards bring.”
Dr Neil Fox added: “Families are at the heart of our communities and the Family Hero Awards are a time to celebrate this and thank those that have made a real difference in helping to support families and children across the UK.”
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 6 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 7 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
INFORMATION: Nominations must be received by August 31. Each finalist will receive an all expenses paid trip to London to attend the glamorous Family Heroes Awards Ceremony on November 1, and will have their story featured in Take a Break.
To nominate a Family Hero visit www.4children.org.uk/Page/Family-Heroes-2012-Nominations