400 arrested by Cambs tactical team in its first year
- Credit: Archant
MORE than 400 people have been arrested by Cambridgeshire Police’s Tactical Team since it launched last April.
Since it launched on April 2 last year the team, made up of an inspector, three sergeants, 28 constables, a PCSO and Special constables, carried out 232 search warrants, submitted more than 1,700 items of intelligence, arrested 441 people and conducted more than 2,600 stop-searches.
The centrally-based team, a first for the force, has also carried out targeted patrols and warrants, including a metal theft day of action, burglary crackdowns and Op Tundra – the investigation into the Fitzwilliam College artefact burglary in Cambridge.
Inspector Ian Ford, who leads the team, said: “I’m pleased the team is able to make a significant impact on targeting local criminality and supporting the force with emerging crime patterns.
“The type of results we’re seeing is exactly the type of work the public can expect to see from us.
You may also want to watch:
“Our other key responsibility was to maintain a Rural Crime Team that was able to respond and adapt to those crimes which predominantly affect rural communities across Cambridgeshire.
“I believe we have largely achieved this by working closely with rural partners in developing intelligence and tackling offenders who commit rural crime, as well as supporting policing districts with their crime and anti-social behaviour issues.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 5 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?