List of candidates for the East of England European elections
- Credit: Archant
Elections for the European Parliament will be held tomorrow (May 23).
Voters will be given there chance to choose 73 MEPS in 12 multi-member constituencies in their regions. Each region has a different number of MEPs based on its population.
In the East of England, which includes Huntingdonshire, voters will be given the chance to choose seven MEPS.
The seven MEPS will be selected using proportional representation, in order as listed by their party. T
The number of MEPs each party gets is calculated using a formula called d'Hondt, except in Northern Ireland, where the Single Transferable Vote (STV) system is used.
Voters in 28 countries will elect 751 members of the European parliament for a five-year term that starts on 2 July. If Brexit goes ahead before then, British MEPs will not take up their seats.
Below is a list of all the candidates:
- 1 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 2 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 3 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 4 Woman dies in crash on London Road in St Ives
- 5 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 6 St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer
- 7 Sawtry homes plan is approved
- 8 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
- 9 Delight as Huntingdon primary school is praised by Ofsted inspectors
- 10 House set alight in Brampton
Michelle de Vries
Geoffrey Van Orden
Dr Pallavi Devulapalli
The Brexit Party
The results will be announced from 10pm UK time on Sunday.
To find out where your nearest polling station is visit the Huntingdonshire District Council website.