List of candidates for the East of England European elections
- Credit: Archant
Elections for the European Parliament will be held tomorrow (May 23).
Voters will be given there chance to choose 73 MEPS in 12 multi-member constituencies in their regions. Each region has a different number of MEPs based on its population.
In the East of England, which includes Huntingdonshire, voters will be given the chance to choose seven MEPS.
The seven MEPS will be selected using proportional representation, in order as listed by their party. T
The number of MEPs each party gets is calculated using a formula called d'Hondt, except in Northern Ireland, where the Single Transferable Vote (STV) system is used.
You may also want to watch:
Voters in 28 countries will elect 751 members of the European parliament for a five-year term that starts on 2 July. If Brexit goes ahead before then, British MEPs will not take up their seats.
Below is a list of all the candidates:
- 1 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 4 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 5 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 6 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 7 100-year-old care home resident reveals secret to a long life.
- 8 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 9 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 10 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
Michelle de Vries
Geoffrey Van Orden
Dr Pallavi Devulapalli
The Brexit Party
The results will be announced from 10pm UK time on Sunday.
To find out where your nearest polling station is visit the Huntingdonshire District Council website.