List of candidates for the East of England European elections
- Credit: Archant
Elections for the European Parliament will be held tomorrow (May 23).
Voters will be given there chance to choose 73 MEPS in 12 multi-member constituencies in their regions. Each region has a different number of MEPs based on its population.
In the East of England, which includes Huntingdonshire, voters will be given the chance to choose seven MEPS.
The seven MEPS will be selected using proportional representation, in order as listed by their party. T
The number of MEPs each party gets is calculated using a formula called d'Hondt, except in Northern Ireland, where the Single Transferable Vote (STV) system is used.
You may also want to watch:
Voters in 28 countries will elect 751 members of the European parliament for a five-year term that starts on 2 July. If Brexit goes ahead before then, British MEPs will not take up their seats.
Below is a list of all the candidates:
- 1 Roadworks around Huntingdon for week commencing March 8
- 2 Man's video doorbell showed 'masked man trying his car door handle' in early hours
- 3 Warning after attempted dog thefts
- 4 Plans for 120 homes on field next to former animal testing site in Houghton
- 5 Huntingdon firm's oldest employee looking forward to new normal
- 6 Huntingdon Bid chairman looking forward to town centre opening up
- 7 Police arrest 13 people, seize guns and more than £200k of drugs
- 8 Council leader faces claim he broke confidentiality on farmgate report
- 9 More signs of Spring and some interesting starling murmurations
- 10 Huntingdon man due in court for suspected drug deal charge
Michelle de Vries
Geoffrey Van Orden
Dr Pallavi Devulapalli
The Brexit Party
The results will be announced from 10pm UK time on Sunday.
To find out where your nearest polling station is visit the Huntingdonshire District Council website.