List of candidates for the East of England European elections
- Credit: Archant
Elections for the European Parliament will be held tomorrow (May 23).
Voters will be given there chance to choose 73 MEPS in 12 multi-member constituencies in their regions. Each region has a different number of MEPs based on its population.
In the East of England, which includes Huntingdonshire, voters will be given the chance to choose seven MEPS.
The seven MEPS will be selected using proportional representation, in order as listed by their party. T
The number of MEPs each party gets is calculated using a formula called d'Hondt, except in Northern Ireland, where the Single Transferable Vote (STV) system is used.
Voters in 28 countries will elect 751 members of the European parliament for a five-year term that starts on 2 July. If Brexit goes ahead before then, British MEPs will not take up their seats.
Below is a list of all the candidates:
- 1 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 2 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in village
- 3 A lost wedding photo uncovers a heartbreaking story
- 4 Vehicle caught fire on A1 near St Neots
- 5 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 6 Off duty nurse saves a man's life by performing CPR
- 7 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 8 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 9 Huntingdon Carnival and parade returns this summer
- 10 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
Michelle de Vries
Geoffrey Van Orden
Dr Pallavi Devulapalli
The Brexit Party
The results will be announced from 10pm UK time on Sunday.
To find out where your nearest polling station is visit the Huntingdonshire District Council website.