£1million resurfacing project for A141 around Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
One of Huntingdonshire’s major roads is to undergo a £1million resurfacing project, starting next week.
Cambridgeshire County Council’s highways teams will start the improvement work on the A141 on Monday (January 27), taking about six weeks to complete the scheme – depending on the weather.
The first stretch to be resurfaced will be St Ives Road, from the Hartford Road roundabout to the Sawtry Way roundabout. This will be from Monday until Saturday, February 8. This work will be carried out under convoy with traffic lights in place.
The next section will be Heath Road – from the Fenton Road roundabout to the Heath Road junction. This part of the project will include night-time road closures – between 8pm and 6am from – February 10 until February 14.
Work at Warboys roundabout will be undertaken between February 17 and February 21, again this will be overnight (8pm until 6am) with traffic lights in place.
The Spittals Way – from Stonehill to the Kings Ripton Road – junction is next and will include road closures between 8pm and 6am from February 24 until March 7. The section from the Abbots Ripton Road to the Kings Ripton Road will be carried overnight with traffic lights in place.
CCC said the A141 will be opened after each night-time shift, but warned that sometimes there will be a temporary road surface before the new surface is laid and advised drivers to take extra care.
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 3 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 4 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 5 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 6 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 7 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 8 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 9 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Tobias Taylor earns GB call after second national schools boxing title
Diversions will be signposted.
Anyone needing to visit properties or businesses during the work will still be able to gain access.