£1,000 up for grabs for sports club or community initiatives in Huntingdonshire with Skip of Gold
- Credit: Mick George Ltd
Mick George Ltd, in association with The Hunts Post, is launching its Skip of Gold campaign.
It is providing local sports clubs and community projects with another opportunity to win £1,000.
Jon Stump, finance director at Mick George Ltd, said: “Skip of Gold is an initiative which allows us to delve a little deeper to uncover what it is the people of Huntingdon and the surrounding areas are involved in, so we can invest our money in projects that will directly benefit them.
“Having witnessed first hand how this competition has positively impacted on the winners from previous years, we’re keen to launch the 2017 campaign.”
The Huntingdon-based construction business is welcoming applicants in need of financial assistance.
You may also want to watch:
Throughout the year, Mick George Ltd is continuously supporting the local communities in which the business operates, providing sponsorship arrangements both financially and practically through its service or product provisions.
Some of its existing sporting sponsorships include Godmanchester FC, St Ives Town FC and St Neots FC Academy, on top of other major grants issued to Eaton Socon FC and Eynesbury Rovers FC for facility improvements.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
Additionally, community-based support includes funding for Huntingdon Commemoration Hall.
Mick George Ltd specialises in skip hire, waste management, aggregate and concrete supply, bulk earthworks and demolition services, as well as a range of home and garden products.
Here’s how it works
To register for the chance to win £1,000, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01480 411481 before Wednesday, March 15 2017.
The top 10 deserving sports clubs and top 10 community initiatives will be shortlisted before being announced on Wednesday March 22 2017*.
Voting lines will open Wednesday, March 22, 2017 and close Wednesday, April 19, 2017 for supporters of each of the respective organisations to receive support.
The organisation that receives the most votes will be awarded the prize fund, with the winner announced Wednesday, May 3 2017.
When you register all you need to do is supply a brief description of the organisation, why the funds are needed and what they would be used for, as well as contact details and a picture.
* T&C’s – The competition is open to all entrants that fall within The Hunts Post
distribution area. Final applicants will be considered and decided by Mick George Ltd and The Hunts Post.