£1,000 up for grabs for a local sports club and community initiative
- Credit: Supplied Mick George Ltd
Mick George Ltd, in association with The Hunts Post is launching its Skip of Gold campaign in which it is providing a local sports club and a community project with the opportunity to win £1,000.
The Huntingdon based construction business that specialises in skip hire, waste management, aggregate and concrete supply, as well as bulk earthworks and demolition services is welcoming applicants in need of financial assistance.
Throughout the year, Mick George Ltd is continuously supporting local communities in which the business operates, providing sponsorship arrangements both financially and practically through its service or product provisions.
Some of its existing sporting sponsorships include Godmanchester FC, St Ives Town FC and St Neots FC Academy, on top of other major grants issued to Eaton Socon FC and Eynesbury Rovers FC for facility improvements.
Additionally, community based support includes funding for Huntingdon Commemoration Hall.
You may also want to watch:
Jon Stump, finance director at Mick George Ltd, said: “Skip of Gold is an initiative which allows us to delve a little deeper to uncover what it is the people of Huntingdon and the surrounding areas are involved in so we can invest our money in projects that will directly benefit.
HOW TO ENTER
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
? E-mail email@example.com with ‘Skip of Gold’ in the subject line and tell us why your sports club or community group need the money, or visit www.
? Registrations close Tuesday 20th March
? The top 10 deserving sports clubs and top 10 community initiatives will be shortlisted before being announced on Wednesday, March 28.
? Voting open between Wednesday, March 28, and Tuesday, April 24, for each of the respective organisations to receive support
? The organisation that receives the most votes in each of the categories will be awarded the prize fund, with the winner being announced on Wednesday, May 2, 2018