Youth players have great future
IN these times of putting down our youngsters, I would like to raise a strong hand in their defence. My wife and I have just seen the latest performance of the St Ives Youth Theatre (SIYT) – it was marvelous: a piece of musical drama entitled Vision that
IN these times of putting down our youngsters, I would like to raise a strong hand in their defence.
My wife and I have just seen the latest performance of the St Ives Youth Theatre (SIYT) - it was marvelous: a piece of musical drama entitled Vision that centred on St Bernadette and her vision at Lourdes.
Of course, she was not a Saint at the time when, as a young girl with a troubled upbringing, she saw her vision. The drama took us through the events of the time, which went from establishment disbelief and ridicule to popular belief and eventually sainthood.
However, this is not piece to be taken at face value - it could apply in other settings to almost all of the world's religions.
You may also want to watch:
To say that the young cast entered into the spirit of the music and dance surrounding the theme would be a profound understatement. This was not an easy musical to sing, but it was superbly carried through. The talent and enthusiasm of the young cast was infectious and provided great entertainment.
It would not be right to single out individuals but better to congratulate the entire cast of leads, chorus, orchestra and support staff for proving beyond doubt that the coming generation is full of talent and positive energy. They have a great future in front of them.
- 1 Tickets on sale now for this summer's Shakespeare at the George
- 2 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 3 Mother pleads for housing 'electrical checks' after losing children in fire
- 4 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 5 Solar farm plan will have no impact on 'light, noise or smell'
- 6 Police warning after spate of thefts from cars in Warboys
- 7 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 8 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 9 Metro is off the cards says new mayor Dr Nik Johnson
- 10 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
I write this as a soon-to-be pensioner who still identifies with and recognises the talent of youth. Perhaps we should concentrate more on these positive aspects of our youngsters and less on negative headlines.