Youth players have great future
IN these times of putting down our youngsters, I would like to raise a strong hand in their defence. My wife and I have just seen the latest performance of the St Ives Youth Theatre (SIYT) – it was marvelous: a piece of musical drama entitled Vision that
IN these times of putting down our youngsters, I would like to raise a strong hand in their defence.
My wife and I have just seen the latest performance of the St Ives Youth Theatre (SIYT) - it was marvelous: a piece of musical drama entitled Vision that centred on St Bernadette and her vision at Lourdes.
Of course, she was not a Saint at the time when, as a young girl with a troubled upbringing, she saw her vision. The drama took us through the events of the time, which went from establishment disbelief and ridicule to popular belief and eventually sainthood.
However, this is not piece to be taken at face value - it could apply in other settings to almost all of the world's religions.
You may also want to watch:
To say that the young cast entered into the spirit of the music and dance surrounding the theme would be a profound understatement. This was not an easy musical to sing, but it was superbly carried through. The talent and enthusiasm of the young cast was infectious and provided great entertainment.
It would not be right to single out individuals but better to congratulate the entire cast of leads, chorus, orchestra and support staff for proving beyond doubt that the coming generation is full of talent and positive energy. They have a great future in front of them.
- 1 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 2 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 3 Delicious dessert shop 'Snix Snax' opens
- 4 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 6 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 7 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 Huntingdon man found with stash of drugs and cash is jailed
- 10 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
I write this as a soon-to-be pensioner who still identifies with and recognises the talent of youth. Perhaps we should concentrate more on these positive aspects of our youngsters and less on negative headlines.