Young wardens take positive role
EIGHT pupils from Thongsley Fields Primary School in Huntingdon have become Luminus junior wardens . Lisa Harris, a neighbourhood warden with the Luminus Group, organised and ran the scheme over the past few terms. The children were taught about issues
EIGHT pupils from Thongsley Fields Primary School in Huntingdon have become Luminus 'junior wardens'.
Lisa Harris, a neighbourhood warden with the Luminus Group, organised and ran the scheme over the past few terms.
The children were taught about issues that affected their area, such as litter, graffiti and other environmental problems.
Chan Abraham, chief executive of the Luminus Group, said: "Our junior warden scheme is a fresh approach to tackling problems that affect the quality of life for everyone. Luminus has a firm commitment to invest in our communities and it is encouraging to see young
You may also want to watch:
people making a positive contribution to society."
The role of the junior wardens reflects the role of the neighbourhood wardens. Over the next few months the company intends to expand to more schools.
- 1 New garden village on outskirts of St Neots will bring 10,000 homes
- 2 Police move in to close house after reports of anti-social behaviour
- 3 Notice served to remove travellers from school site
- 4 Man named following fatal collision near Bluntisham
- 5 Jail for man who stole more than £25,000 from company
- 6 Mum's donation to thank 'incredible' midwives and maternity staff
- 7 Check out our photo gallery of cute family pets
- 8 Vaccine centres offering earlier second dose AstraZeneca
- 9 Almost 100 'sexual and violent crimes' recorded in two of our towns in one month
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
Certificates were handed out to the children during morning assembly at Thongsley Fields.
Headteacher Rachel Myers said: "We are delighted that our
children have graduated as Luminus junior wardens. They are very good at taking care of our school and I am sure that they will enjoy this exciting opportunity.