Year to remember
A SERVICE dedicated to making shopping easier for people with mobility difficulties has celebrated its first birthday. Shop Mobility has helped about 1,000 people since it was established in Huntingdon. The service provides for people who require mobilit
A SERVICE dedicated to making shopping easier for people with mobility difficulties has celebrated its first birthday.
Shop Mobility has helped about 1,000 people since it was established in Huntingdon. The service provides for people who require mobility scooters but may not have access to them.
Debbie Drew, manager of Shop Mobility, said the scheme had enjoyed a successful first year and she was looking forward to many more.
"The year has gone so fast and we now have 88 members," she said. "The scheme is going from strength to strength and we are hoping to expand to cover St Ives in the near future."
You may also want to watch:
The scheme receives £25,000 from Huntingdonshire District Council each year and is a partnership between the HDC, the Papworth Trust, Hunts Forum and the Town Centre Partnership.
Operating from a mobile building in Princes Street, the scheme has 12 electric mobility scooters and three wheelchairs. It is open from 9am-4.30pm Wednesday to Saturday.
- 1 New garden village on outskirts of St Neots will bring 10,000 homes
- 2 Police move in to close house after reports of anti-social behaviour
- 3 Notice served to remove travellers from school site
- 4 Man named following fatal collision near Bluntisham
- 5 Jail for man who stole more than £25,000 from company
- 6 Mum's donation to thank 'incredible' midwives and maternity staff
- 7 Check out our photo gallery of cute family pets
- 8 Vaccine centres offering earlier second dose AstraZeneca
- 9 Almost 100 'sexual and violent crimes' recorded in two of our towns in one month
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
The project is also looking for sponsorship so that it can become an independent charity.
INFORMATION: Anyone wanting to offer sponsorship or find our more can phone 01480 388377.