X Factor wines on sale at St Neots company - the ‘Louis Walsh’ isn’t selling well
The X Factor talent show is now in full swing and one St Neots company is raising a toast to its success.
The award-wining Smiling Grape Wine Company, on Crosshall Road, has joined the hype surrounding the ITV1 show by selling its very own X Factor wines – based on the show’s judging panel.
Owner Matt Ellis has come up with the range to “keep things topical”.
He told The Hunts Post: “We have an X Factor area in the shop where the wines represent each of the four judges. There’s the Sauvignon-Marsanne from France which is matched with Nicole Scherzinger – crisp, smooth and long on the legs. The Louis Walsh of wines is a Fiano from Italy and can only be described as fun, not too complex and enjoyable.”
Mr Ellis said that unfortunately the ‘Louis Walsh’ wasn’t selling too well at the moment – possibly in light of last week’s judging fiasco when his indecision meant one of the show’s top acts went home!
He added: “At the Smiling Grape Company we match up wines with just about anything you can imagine: food, celebrations, sports, fashion, celebrities, politicians, music, films and even TV programmes. We like to keep our tasting notes current, so what better way to match wines with the X Factor judges?”
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 3 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 4 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 5 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 6 Updated details of the Christmas lights switch-on in St Neots
- 7 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 8 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 9 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 10 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital