X Factor wines on sale at St Neots company - the ‘Louis Walsh’ isn’t selling well
The X Factor talent show is now in full swing and one St Neots company is raising a toast to its success.
The award-wining Smiling Grape Wine Company, on Crosshall Road, has joined the hype surrounding the ITV1 show by selling its very own X Factor wines – based on the show’s judging panel.
Owner Matt Ellis has come up with the range to “keep things topical”.
He told The Hunts Post: “We have an X Factor area in the shop where the wines represent each of the four judges. There’s the Sauvignon-Marsanne from France which is matched with Nicole Scherzinger – crisp, smooth and long on the legs. The Louis Walsh of wines is a Fiano from Italy and can only be described as fun, not too complex and enjoyable.”
Mr Ellis said that unfortunately the ‘Louis Walsh’ wasn’t selling too well at the moment – possibly in light of last week’s judging fiasco when his indecision meant one of the show’s top acts went home!
You may also want to watch:
He added: “At the Smiling Grape Company we match up wines with just about anything you can imagine: food, celebrations, sports, fashion, celebrities, politicians, music, films and even TV programmes. We like to keep our tasting notes current, so what better way to match wines with the X Factor judges?”
- 1 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 2 One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 4 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 5 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 6 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 7 Hunts Post Reader Photos for this week
- 8 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 9 Tim retires after 25 years with law firm
- 10 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots