X Factor wines on sale at St Neots company - the ‘Louis Walsh’ isn’t selling well
The X Factor talent show is now in full swing and one St Neots company is raising a toast to its success.
The award-wining Smiling Grape Wine Company, on Crosshall Road, has joined the hype surrounding the ITV1 show by selling its very own X Factor wines – based on the show’s judging panel.
Owner Matt Ellis has come up with the range to “keep things topical”.
He told The Hunts Post: “We have an X Factor area in the shop where the wines represent each of the four judges. There’s the Sauvignon-Marsanne from France which is matched with Nicole Scherzinger – crisp, smooth and long on the legs. The Louis Walsh of wines is a Fiano from Italy and can only be described as fun, not too complex and enjoyable.”
Mr Ellis said that unfortunately the ‘Louis Walsh’ wasn’t selling too well at the moment – possibly in light of last week’s judging fiasco when his indecision meant one of the show’s top acts went home!
You may also want to watch:
He added: “At the Smiling Grape Company we match up wines with just about anything you can imagine: food, celebrations, sports, fashion, celebrities, politicians, music, films and even TV programmes. We like to keep our tasting notes current, so what better way to match wines with the X Factor judges?”
- 1 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 2 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 3 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 4 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 5 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 6 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event
- 9 Entrepreneur and family businessman Philip Lalor has died
- 10 Huntingdon First says use local businesses where possible