ON the same day I read two different stories relating to the same subject in a roundabout way. First we have the story of the terrorist Abu Qatada, who arrived here 14 years ago under a forged passport. His wife and five children are also here, all on sta
ON the same day I read two different stories relating to the same subject in a roundabout way. First we have the story of the terrorist Abu Qatada, who arrived here 14 years ago under a forged passport.
His wife and five children are also here, all on state benefits. Also, it's going to cost over £500,000 a year to protect him. How come we can't send him back to Jordan to stand trial? We have servicemen and women being killed on a regular basis now, fighting to stop people like him and what he stands for. And yet here we are bending over backwards to protect him.
In The Hunts Post I read that a woman with two children, whose RAF husband left her in July last year, has been given notice to leave her MOD home at RAF Wyton. She is surrounded by over a dozen empty homes. (Some of them have been empty for over a year). She works part time, so is not entitled to housing benefit. She pays £500 rent a month, which includes a penalty for trespass.
So do I think that this Labour government has got it right when it comes to its policy on terrorism? I think not. Here we are, bending over backwards to protect this man's human rights. This is a man who hates the western way of life and yet uses it to his advantage. This Government has lost the plot when it comes to its policies on legal or illegal immigration.
So I just hope that this lady and her family carry on living at RAF Wyton. At least she is paying her way and is not sponging off the state, like so many in our area.
- 1 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 A lost wedding photo uncovers a heartbreaking story
- 4 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 5 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in village
- 6 Off duty nurse saves a man's life by performing CPR
- 7 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 8 Vehicle caught fire on A1 near St Neots
- 9 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 10 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire