Write a song for Almost Famous
THIS week we launch the first Almost Famous Song Competition, which we hope will become an annual contest. The finalists will each receive coverage in Almost Famous. The winning song will be played on BBC Radio Cambridgeshire and the winning act and songw
THIS week we launch the first Almost Famous Song Competition, which we hope will become an annual contest.
The finalists will each receive coverage in Almost Famous. The winning song will be played on BBC Radio Cambridgeshire and the winning act and songwriter will be interviewed on the station. The best 12 songs will also feature on a promotional CD to be distributed to local radio stations and other media and available to the public. The winning song will be the first track on the CD and feature prominently on the cover artwork.
Only one entry is permitted per songwriter or group of songwriters and at least one of the song's composers must live within Huntingdonshire.
Entries can be made by post or by email, but must include the following information: Name of song, name of songwriter/s, name of artist performing the recorded version of the song and a contact email address. If submitting tracks by email, you are welcome to send either an MP3 or a link to where this can be downloaded.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Send your entries to: Almost Famous Song Competition, The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TB or to firstname.lastname@example.org Entries must reach us by April 30. Usual Archant Competition rules apply.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Mother pleads for housing 'electrical checks' after losing children in fire
- 5 Bustling market town that had 64 pubs at one time
- 6 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 7 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 8 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 9 St Neots East seat announced after nail-biting three recounts
- 10 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed