Write a song for Almost Famous
THE Almost Famous song competition is for original songs only and at least one of the writers must live in Huntingdonshire. All eligible songs entered so far are being played right now on The Hunts Post website. They will stay there until the closing dat
THE Almost Famous song competition is for original songs only and at least one of the writers must live in Huntingdonshire.
All eligible songs entered so far are being played right now on The Hunts Post website. They will stay there until the closing date of the contest.
So, the sooner we receive your entry, the longer it will be played on our website www.huntspost.co.uk
The prizes for the winning song include a one-track single recording, complete with full production by an experienced engineer at Fasttracks Studio in Wilburton and rehearsal time at The Studio Rooms in Wyton. It will also be played on BBC Radio Cambridgeshire. The finalists will all receive coverage in Almost Famous, if they can also send in a photograph of the songwriters and so will early entrants to the competition. The winning act and songwriter will be interviewed on Radio Cambridgeshire.
The best 12 songs will be recorded on a promotional CD to be distributed to local radio stations and other media. The winning song will be the first track and be featured on the cover.
Entries can be made by post or by email, but must include the following information: Name of song, name and address of songwriter/s, name of artist performing the recorded version of the song and a contact email address and telephone number. If submitting tracks by email, you are welcome to send either an MP3 or a link to where this can be downloaded. For copyright purposes, you must confirm in writing, by letter or email, that the song is original, that you are the writer and that we have your permission to play it.
- 1 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 5 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 6 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 7 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 8 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 9 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 10 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
INFORMATION: Send your entries, with a photograph of the songwriter if you can, to: Almost Famous Song Competition, The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TB or to firstname.lastname@example.org Entries must reach us by April 30. Usual Archant Competition rules apply.