Would Marshalls make sense at RAF Wyton?
I WOULD like to thank you for reporting on possibility of Marshalls aerospace moving to part of the Wyton Airfield site. This is an important issue that could have a dramatic impact on the area, particularly for residents in the north of St Ives. The main
I WOULD like to thank you for reporting on possibility of Marshalls aerospace moving to part of the Wyton Airfield site.
This is an important issue that could have a dramatic impact on the area, particularly for residents in the north of St Ives. The main reason for the move appears to be the desire to free up the existing site for housing close to Cambridge.
This does make some sense but what are the benefits to the residents of St Ives? Certainly, more jobs on our doorstep would be good and, if the houses are not built on the Marshalls site, they will have to be built somewhere - and it could be here?
What level of aircraft noise is to be expected and what is the possibility of an increasing number of commercial flights to Wyton in the future?
You may also want to watch:
It is important that residents make their views on this known to their elected representatives before it is too late. The move is strongly supported by the Tory district council and by the Tory and Liberal groups on the county council - so it may already be too late.
- 1 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 2 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 3 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 4 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 5 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 6 Harrowing video warning from seriously ill 20-year-old who survived Covid
- 7 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 8 24-hour speaking event supports mental health charity
- 9 First patients in St Ives to receive Covid-19 vaccination
- 10 Wood Green animal charity launches appeal for new cattery