Would Marshalls make sense at RAF Wyton?
I WOULD like to thank you for reporting on possibility of Marshalls aerospace moving to part of the Wyton Airfield site. This is an important issue that could have a dramatic impact on the area, particularly for residents in the north of St Ives. The main
I WOULD like to thank you for reporting on possibility of Marshalls aerospace moving to part of the Wyton Airfield site.
This is an important issue that could have a dramatic impact on the area, particularly for residents in the north of St Ives. The main reason for the move appears to be the desire to free up the existing site for housing close to Cambridge.
This does make some sense but what are the benefits to the residents of St Ives? Certainly, more jobs on our doorstep would be good and, if the houses are not built on the Marshalls site, they will have to be built somewhere - and it could be here?
What level of aircraft noise is to be expected and what is the possibility of an increasing number of commercial flights to Wyton in the future?
It is important that residents make their views on this known to their elected representatives before it is too late. The move is strongly supported by the Tory district council and by the Tory and Liberal groups on the county council - so it may already be too late.
- 1 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 2 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
- 3 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 4 Sir John Major to answer questions at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 5 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 6 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 7 Garden railway raises money for 3 Pillars
- 8 A "determined" Huntingdon man takes on Everest after a double lung transplant
- 9 Recap: Lorry and car crash at A141-A1307 junction in Huntingdon
- 10 Suspected case of bird flu in swan reported to DEFRA