World Cup: Flowerpot Rooney’s future in the balance
FIRST there was Bill and Ben and now, with World Cup fever upon us, there is a new flowerpot man . . . Wayne Rooney. England fan John Armstrong, who lives in Pidley, has created the new Rooney complete with eyebrows and jug ears. The 59-year-old s creat
FIRST there was Bill and Ben and now, with World Cup fever upon us, there is a new flowerpot man . . . Wayne Rooney.
England fan John Armstrong, who lives in Pidley, has created the new "Rooney" complete with eyebrows and jug ears.
The 59-year-old's creation even has his own refreshments to hand: four cans of Carlsberg lager - the official sponsors of the England team.
"It's only to make the kids smile," said Mr Armstrong. "It's amazing how many people have brought their kids to have a look at it."
You may also want to watch:
Mr Armstrong used about 40 plant pots for his creation, which is not his first.
Two years ago he made an eight foot high robot out of scrap metal to mark Euro 2004, but that was eventually stolen.
- 1 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 2 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 3 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 4 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
- 5 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 6 Cambs police officer saves life of man who overdosed in park
- 7 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 8 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 9 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 10 Huntingdon business is first in UK to supply American craft beer
Mr Armstrong warned that if England get knocked out of the competition, flowerpot Rooney will end up on the scrap heap.