World Cup: Flowerpot Rooney’s future in the balance
FIRST there was Bill and Ben and now, with World Cup fever upon us, there is a new flowerpot man . . . Wayne Rooney. England fan John Armstrong, who lives in Pidley, has created the new Rooney complete with eyebrows and jug ears. The 59-year-old s creat
FIRST there was Bill and Ben and now, with World Cup fever upon us, there is a new flowerpot man . . . Wayne Rooney.
England fan John Armstrong, who lives in Pidley, has created the new "Rooney" complete with eyebrows and jug ears.
The 59-year-old's creation even has his own refreshments to hand: four cans of Carlsberg lager - the official sponsors of the England team.
"It's only to make the kids smile," said Mr Armstrong. "It's amazing how many people have brought their kids to have a look at it."
You may also want to watch:
Mr Armstrong used about 40 plant pots for his creation, which is not his first.
Two years ago he made an eight foot high robot out of scrap metal to mark Euro 2004, but that was eventually stolen.
- 1 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 2 Patients avoided going to the doctor out of fear of 'catching Covid'
- 3 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 4 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days
- 5 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 6 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
- 7 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 8 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages
- 9 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 10 Olive Indian receives service award for a second year
Mr Armstrong warned that if England get knocked out of the competition, flowerpot Rooney will end up on the scrap heap.