World Cup: Flowerpot Rooney’s future in the balance
FIRST there was Bill and Ben and now, with World Cup fever upon us, there is a new flowerpot man . . . Wayne Rooney. England fan John Armstrong, who lives in Pidley, has created the new Rooney complete with eyebrows and jug ears. The 59-year-old s creat
FIRST there was Bill and Ben and now, with World Cup fever upon us, there is a new flowerpot man . . . Wayne Rooney.
England fan John Armstrong, who lives in Pidley, has created the new "Rooney" complete with eyebrows and jug ears.
The 59-year-old's creation even has his own refreshments to hand: four cans of Carlsberg lager - the official sponsors of the England team.
"It's only to make the kids smile," said Mr Armstrong. "It's amazing how many people have brought their kids to have a look at it."
Mr Armstrong used about 40 plant pots for his creation, which is not his first.
Two years ago he made an eight foot high robot out of scrap metal to mark Euro 2004, but that was eventually stolen.
- 1 St Ivo Academy celebrate the success of its star girls teams and international call ups
- 2 St Ivo Dance alumnae stars in Britain's Got Talent, the West End and Comic Relief
- 3 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 4 Hunts history festival kicked off with a bang!
- 5 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 6 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 7 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 8 New archdeacon for Huntingdon and Wisbech
- 9 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 10 Vehicle caught fire on A1 near St Neots
Mr Armstrong warned that if England get knocked out of the competition, flowerpot Rooney will end up on the scrap heap.