Work may start on Huntingdon Pizza Hut later this year
ONE of the country s largest pizza chains has confirmed it still has plans to open on the edge of Huntingdon. Pizza Hut was granted planning permission nearly three years ago to build a restaurant and takeaway at Huntingdon Retail Park in St Peter s Road.
ONE of the country's largest pizza chains has confirmed it still has plans to open on the edge of Huntingdon.
Pizza Hut was granted planning permission nearly three years ago to build a restaurant and takeaway at Huntingdon Retail Park in St Peter's Road.
Planning permission was granted in December 2005 and the company has until December this year to start work on the site.
A spokesman for the Pizza Hut told The Hunts Post that although building work has not yet started, the company is still interested in opening a site in Huntingdon.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "We are always looking for new sites for our restaurants and following increasing demand in the area, are pursuing plans to develop a site in Huntingdon.
"The contract is currently under negotiation, however, so we are unable to comment further at this stage."
- 1 St Neots rapist jailed for 11 years
- 2 New Post Office branch opens in St Neots
- 3 Suspected firearm and drugs found in raid on Huntingdon house
- 4 Eric Morecambe 'amused guests' when his family owned this St Ives hotel
- 5 'Unprecedented crisis’ over school bus drivers
- 6 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 7 Motorists urged not to 'panic buy' fuel as queues cause chaos across Hunts
- 8 Old Mill upgrade at Godmanchester is suspended through lack of materials
- 9 Hare coursers handed Criminal Behaviour Orders
- 10 Hinchingbrooke Hospital needs 'urgent' rebuild by 2030, warns MP
It would be the chain's first venture into Huntingdonshire with the next closest restaurants currently located in Peterborough and Bedford.
It would be built on land at the south-west corner of the retail park and have nine car parking spaces. It will be comparable in size to the nearby KFC and McDonalds.
The planning application submitted by Churchmanor Estates claims the scheme would "improving the choice for all Huntingdon residents without having any detrimental impact on vitality of the Huntingdon town centre".
INFORMATION: To view the application in full, visit www.huntsdc.gov.uk and search for planning application number 0503939FUL.