Wood Green turns to cat walk for funds
WOOD Green Animal Shelters may be well known for its dogs and cats, but now the charity is spreading its wings to the cat walk. On Saturday, June 30, the Godmanchester-based animal charity will hold its very own fashion show, showcasing a number of local
WOOD Green Animal Shelters may be well known for its dogs and cats, but now the charity is spreading its wings to the cat walk.
On Saturday, June 30, the Godmanchester-based animal charity will hold its very own fashion show, showcasing a number of local companies as well as ethical and fair trade businesses.
Models, including willing volunteers from the shelter and the local community, will take to the cat walk to raise funds for Wood Green.
Jenny Crowther, event organiser, said: "We hope this will give all those fashion conscious folk the chance to see some amazing clothes whilst raising money for Wood Green Animal Shelters.
You may also want to watch:
"The companies involved have some wonderful collections and there will be something for everyone."
Clothing companies involved in the show include Cuckoo, People Tree, The Earth Collection and Unify - all either have links locally, or are ethical or Fair Trade firms. Also taking part are some of the students from Cambridge Regional College, who will be showcasing their designs, and Cambridge Bodyworks Dance Studio will be performing.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Mother pleads for housing 'electrical checks' after losing children in fire
- 5 Bustling market town that had 64 pubs at one time
- 6 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 7 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 8 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 9 St Neots East seat announced after nail-biting three recounts
- 10 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
Anyone interested in helping with the fashion show and who has a flair for modelling, or would like to help with hair and make-up on the night, can contact Jenny Crowther on 08701 90 40 90 extension 315.
INFORMATION: Tickets, £10, can be bought from the shelter or by calling 08701 904090 ext 315. For further information visit www.woodgreen. org.uk. The show starts at 7pm.