Wood Green turns to cat walk for funds
WOOD Green Animal Shelters may be well known for its dogs and cats, but now the charity is spreading its wings to the cat walk. On Saturday, June 30, the Godmanchester-based animal charity will hold its very own fashion show, showcasing a number of local
WOOD Green Animal Shelters may be well known for its dogs and cats, but now the charity is spreading its wings to the cat walk.
On Saturday, June 30, the Godmanchester-based animal charity will hold its very own fashion show, showcasing a number of local companies as well as ethical and fair trade businesses.
Models, including willing volunteers from the shelter and the local community, will take to the cat walk to raise funds for Wood Green.
Jenny Crowther, event organiser, said: "We hope this will give all those fashion conscious folk the chance to see some amazing clothes whilst raising money for Wood Green Animal Shelters.
"The companies involved have some wonderful collections and there will be something for everyone."
Clothing companies involved in the show include Cuckoo, People Tree, The Earth Collection and Unify - all either have links locally, or are ethical or Fair Trade firms. Also taking part are some of the students from Cambridge Regional College, who will be showcasing their designs, and Cambridge Bodyworks Dance Studio will be performing.
- 1 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 2 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 3 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 4 A lost wedding photo uncovers a heartbreaking story
- 5 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 6 Community invited to Paxfest and to get tails wagging at the Fun Dog Show
- 7 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in village
- 8 Off duty nurse saves a man's life by performing CPR
- 9 Vehicle caught fire on A1 near St Neots
- 10 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
Anyone interested in helping with the fashion show and who has a flair for modelling, or would like to help with hair and make-up on the night, can contact Jenny Crowther on 08701 90 40 90 extension 315.
INFORMATION: Tickets, £10, can be bought from the shelter or by calling 08701 904090 ext 315. For further information visit www.woodgreen. org.uk. The show starts at 7pm.