Women arrested after brothel raid
TWO women were arrested following a raid on a suspected brothel in Godmanchester. A team of six police officers and community support officers were involved in the operation on Tuesday, May 16, which targeted an address in Chadley Lane. A 38-year-old and
TWO women were arrested following a raid on a suspected brothel in Godmanchester.
A team of six police officers and community support officers were involved in the operation on Tuesday, May 16, which targeted an address in Chadley Lane.
A 38-year-old and a 26-year-old were arrested on suspicion of assisting in the management of a brothel and released on police bail until July 26.
Following the raid, officers also dropped postcards through doors in the Chadley Lane area to encourage members of the public to report any suspicious activity. The cards - which are part of a county-wide initiative - also highlight what officers have been doing to tackle crime in the area.
You may also want to watch:
Sergeant Kath McCready, who led last week's raid, said: "These arrests were made as a result of information passed to us by the local community.
"We have listened closely to residents' concerns and, due to their input and co-operation, have been able to act on them.
- 1 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 2 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 3 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 4 St Neots care assistant Jack set to shine in BBC Three's Glow Up
- 5 Memories of St Neots' town centre
- 6 Ventriloquist shares career highlights after retiring in Huntingdon
- 7 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 8 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 9 For sale: Spacious two bedroom bungalow with generous plots in Hartford
- 10 St Ives teenager donating her hair for charity
"I hope these arrests encourage other residents to come forward with information about suspicious or unusual information in their neighbourhood.