Women arrested after brothel raid
TWO women were arrested following a raid on a suspected brothel in Godmanchester. A team of six police officers and community support officers were involved in the operation on Tuesday, May 16, which targeted an address in Chadley Lane. A 38-year-old and
TWO women were arrested following a raid on a suspected brothel in Godmanchester.
A team of six police officers and community support officers were involved in the operation on Tuesday, May 16, which targeted an address in Chadley Lane.
A 38-year-old and a 26-year-old were arrested on suspicion of assisting in the management of a brothel and released on police bail until July 26.
Following the raid, officers also dropped postcards through doors in the Chadley Lane area to encourage members of the public to report any suspicious activity. The cards - which are part of a county-wide initiative - also highlight what officers have been doing to tackle crime in the area.
You may also want to watch:
Sergeant Kath McCready, who led last week's raid, said: "These arrests were made as a result of information passed to us by the local community.
"We have listened closely to residents' concerns and, due to their input and co-operation, have been able to act on them.
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 3 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 4 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 5 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 9 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 10 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
"I hope these arrests encourage other residents to come forward with information about suspicious or unusual information in their neighbourhood.