Women arrested after brothel raid
TWO women were arrested following a raid on a suspected brothel in Godmanchester. A team of six police officers and community support officers were involved in the operation on Tuesday, May 16, which targeted an address in Chadley Lane. A 38-year-old and
TWO women were arrested following a raid on a suspected brothel in Godmanchester.
A team of six police officers and community support officers were involved in the operation on Tuesday, May 16, which targeted an address in Chadley Lane.
A 38-year-old and a 26-year-old were arrested on suspicion of assisting in the management of a brothel and released on police bail until July 26.
Following the raid, officers also dropped postcards through doors in the Chadley Lane area to encourage members of the public to report any suspicious activity. The cards - which are part of a county-wide initiative - also highlight what officers have been doing to tackle crime in the area.
Sergeant Kath McCready, who led last week's raid, said: "These arrests were made as a result of information passed to us by the local community.
"We have listened closely to residents' concerns and, due to their input and co-operation, have been able to act on them.
- 1 Air Ambulance is called to serious crash on London Road in St Ives
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 House set alight in Brampton
- 4 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 5 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Local businesses join forces to create a Christmas Beer
- 8 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 9 Sawtry homes plan is approved
- 10 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
"I hope these arrests encourage other residents to come forward with information about suspicious or unusual information in their neighbourhood.