Woman taken to hospital after Bluntisham kitchen fire

A WOMAN was taken to hospital after the extractor fan in her kitchen caught on fire. Firefighters were called just before 1pm on Thursday (March 25) to a blaze at a home in Mill Lane, Bluntisham. Two Magpas doctors and one paramedic arrived at the scene in the air ambulan

A WOMAN was taken to hospital after the extractor fan in her kitchen caught on fire.

Firefighters were called just before 1pm on Thursday (March 25) to a blaze at a home in Mill Lane, Bluntisham.

Two Magpas doctors and one paramedic arrived at the scene in the air ambulance and assessed the female patient, who was in her 50s. She was then taken by land ambulance to Hinchingbrooke Hospital, Huntingdon after suffering from smoke inhalation.

A spokesman for the Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said the cause of the fire was accidental. He added that the fire was out when crews arrived at the scene.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter