A WOMAN was taken to hospital after the extractor fan in her kitchen caught on fire. Firefighters were called just before 1pm on Thursday (March 25) to a blaze at a home in Mill Lane, Bluntisham. Two Magpas doctors and one paramedic arrived at the scene in the air ambulance and assessed the female patient, who was in her 50s. She was then taken by land ambulance to Hinchingbrooke Hospital, Huntingdon after suffering from smoke inhalation. A spokesman for the Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said the cause of the fire was accidental. He added that the fire was out when crews arrived at the scene.