Woman rescued after kitchen fire in Ramsey

A WOMAN had to be rescued by firefighters after a fire broke out in the kitchen of her home in Ramsey. Firefighters were called just after midnight on Monday (May 25) to reports of a fire at a property in Howard Court. Two firefighters entered the home

A WOMAN had to be rescued by firefighters after a fire broke out in the kitchen of her home in Ramsey.

Firefighters were called just after midnight on Monday (May 25) to reports of a fire at a property in Howard Court.

Two firefighters entered the home wearing breathing apparatus and extinguished the blaze using one hose reel.

Crews returned to base just after 1am.


You may also want to watch:


The cause of the fire was cooking which had been left unattended.

Tony Thacker, watch manager at Ramsey Fire Station urged residents not to leave cooking unattended.

Most Read

He said: "You are more likely to have a fire in your kitchen than any other room in the house which is why it is so important to do all you can to stay safe.

"After you have finished cooking ensure that all appliances, including the oven are off. Also, ensure that you have a working smoke alarm, so that if you do forget, you will have early warning to a fire, minimising any damage and risk to life.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus