Woman injured in street attack
A WOMAN was punched, pushed to the ground and robbed by three men as she walked along a road in Warboys. Police said the 20-year-old suffered a fractured cheekbone and bruising around the eye during the attack near the post office in the High Street. T
A WOMAN was punched, pushed to the ground and robbed by three men as she walked along a road in Warboys.
Police said the 20-year-old suffered a fractured cheekbone and bruising around the eye during the attack near the post office in the High Street.
The victim, from Warboys, had been walking home from a friend's house at 11.20pm on Sunday, May 28, when three men came from Church Road.
They approached her from behind and punched her before pushing her to the ground. They grabbed her handbag, stole her purse and fled towards the church in Ramsey Road.
The first robber was described as white, 21-27, about 5ft 8in, average build, with dark, short hair. He was wearing a dark zipped fleece, smart black pin-stripe trousers and cream slip-on shoes with stitching around the edges.
The second was white, in his mid-20s, slim, about 5ft 6in, with blond, collar-length messy hair, wearing light blue boot-cut jeans, white trainers and a dark coat.
- 1 Planning proposal for a new café to be reviewed by St Neots Town Council
- 2 No water relief for depleted rivers and reservoirs with another heatwave forecast
- 3 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 4 Fire safety warning as Met Office warns second heatwave on way
- 5 Joyce proudly shows off her 100th birthday card from the Queen
- 6 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 War-time crash crew take on street names in Godmanchester
- 9 Little Gransden Air and Car Show to celebrate 30 years of fundraising for children in need
- 10 Dancers Jive, tango and have fun at the Illumination Dance Masquerade Ball
The third was white, in his mid-20s, about 5ft 7in, thin, with dark shaved hair. He was wearing blue jeans, light trainers with blue detail and laces, and a dark top, possibly a denim jacket.
Det Con Claire Rennie, from Huntingdon CID, said: "I am appealing for anyone who witnessed this unprovoked attack to come forward.
"I would be particularly keen to speak to anyone in the area at the time or anyone who thinks they recognise the attackers."
INFORMATION: Anyone with information should contact Det Con Rennie on 0845 4564564 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.