Woman injured in street attack
A WOMAN was punched, pushed to the ground and robbed by three men as she walked along a road in Warboys. Police said the 20-year-old suffered a fractured cheekbone and bruising around the eye during the attack near the post office in the High Street. T
A WOMAN was punched, pushed to the ground and robbed by three men as she walked along a road in Warboys.
Police said the 20-year-old suffered a fractured cheekbone and bruising around the eye during the attack near the post office in the High Street.
The victim, from Warboys, had been walking home from a friend's house at 11.20pm on Sunday, May 28, when three men came from Church Road.
They approached her from behind and punched her before pushing her to the ground. They grabbed her handbag, stole her purse and fled towards the church in Ramsey Road.
The first robber was described as white, 21-27, about 5ft 8in, average build, with dark, short hair. He was wearing a dark zipped fleece, smart black pin-stripe trousers and cream slip-on shoes with stitching around the edges.
The second was white, in his mid-20s, slim, about 5ft 6in, with blond, collar-length messy hair, wearing light blue boot-cut jeans, white trainers and a dark coat.
- 1 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 2 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 3 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 4 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 5 Mother of Rikki Neave 'told the truth and nothing but the truth', jury told
- 6 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 7 Motion passed to send letter to Michael Gove after objections to incinerator plan
- 8 Charming 'cakery' selling sweet treats opens in Ramsey
- 9 Brampton Park golfers swing into action to raise money for hospice
- 10 Care home visitor limits to be lifted next week
The third was white, in his mid-20s, about 5ft 7in, thin, with dark shaved hair. He was wearing blue jeans, light trainers with blue detail and laces, and a dark top, possibly a denim jacket.
Det Con Claire Rennie, from Huntingdon CID, said: "I am appealing for anyone who witnessed this unprovoked attack to come forward.
"I would be particularly keen to speak to anyone in the area at the time or anyone who thinks they recognise the attackers."
INFORMATION: Anyone with information should contact Det Con Rennie on 0845 4564564 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.