Woman injured by rock on river
AN elderly woman has been left with minor injuries after being hit with a rock as she travelled on a boat along the River Great Ouse. The 74-year-old woman was close to Woolpack Lane in St Ives on Monday August 27 when she was hit on the head by a rock.
AN elderly woman has been left with minor injuries after being hit with a rock as she travelled on a boat along the River Great Ouse.
The 74-year-old woman was close to Woolpack Lane in St Ives on Monday August 27 when she was hit on the head by a rock.
A group of around eight youths were seen in the area at the time of the incident throwing rocks at passing boats. They are described as white and aged between 10 and 11. One was wearing a light blue top and a brown cap.
Pc Alicia Day, who is investigating, said: "It appears that the youths were throwing rocks at passing boats and one struck the elderly lady.
You may also want to watch:
"She received a wound to her head and the incident left her shaken.
"We are urging any witnesses to come forward as they may have vital information.
- 1 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 2 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 3 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 4 Village job club providing vital service
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 7 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 9 New programme of events for Commemoration Hall
- 10 Benefits cut will leave Hunts families 'in debt', warns charity
"We are also appealing directly to the youths involved. Do not hesitate in coming forward even if you weren't necessarily the one throwing rocks."
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact Pc Day at St Ives Police Station on 0845 4564564 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.