Woman escapes house fire
A WOMAN was taken to hospital and a house was badly damaged after a kitchen fire in Stanch Hill Road, Sawtry. According to the fire service, the fire started on the stove. An elderly woman who was in the house when the fire started, managed to escape befo
A WOMAN was taken to hospital and a house was badly damaged after a kitchen fire in Stanch Hill Road, Sawtry.
According to the fire service, the fire started on the stove. An elderly woman who was in the house when the fire started, managed to escape before the firefighters arrived but she suffered smoke inhalation and was taken to hospital by paramedics.
Kevin Napier, crew manager at Huntingdon, said: "Luckily, this woman was able to get out of the house, but still required hospital treatment for smoke inhalation.
"This is a reminder to all residents about the importance of having a working smoke alarm in their homes and also the dangers of leaving cooking unattended for any length of time.
You may also want to watch:
"A fire can start very quickly and just because you are in the house at the time doesn't mean that it will always be easy to escape.
"Anyone who would like more information on how to prevent fire in the home should sign up for a free home fire safety check by contacting their local fire station.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Drug dealer who 'exploited vulnerable people' linked to 101 wraps of cocaine
- 3 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Fundraisers hit £400,000 milestone after month of charity challenges
- 6 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon
- 7 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 8 Computing pioneer Sir Clive Sinclair who had links to St Ives dies aged 81
- 9 Spuds in a bucket competition at the gardening club
- 10 Awards for firm celebrating 10th anniversary