Woman attacked ex-friend
A DRINKER saw in the new year by attacking a former friend at a pub and chasing her down Somersham High Street, a court heard. Theresa Foster, 22, of Armstrong Court, Huntingdon, pleaded guilty to assaulting Sharlee Barrett on December 31 in Somersham s R
A DRINKER saw in the new year by attacking a former friend at a pub and chasing her down Somersham High Street, a court heard.
Theresa Foster, 22, of Armstrong Court, Huntingdon, pleaded guilty to assaulting Sharlee Barrett on December 31 in Somersham's Rose and Crown pub.
Prosecutor Laura Mardell told magistrates at Huntingdon how Ms Barrett had been at the bar in the pub when Foster grabbed her by the hair and dragged her towards the door.
Foster then yelled abuse at her victim and chased her down the street, twice throwing her to the ground by her hair, Miss Mardell said.
"She sat on her and banged her head on the pavement," the prosecutor added.
Ms Barrett was left with cuts and bruises following the attack and said in a victim statement that she was afraid to leave the house in case Foster attacked her again.
- 1 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 2 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 3 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 4 Sex offender who 'wiped internet history' jailed for breaching court orders
- 5 New parklet opens in St Ives
- 6 Mother of Rikki Neave 'told the truth and nothing but the truth', jury told
- 7 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 8 Ancient relics from Iron Age discovered during road upgrade
- 9 Brampton Park golfers swing into action to raise money for hospice
- 10 Motion passed to send letter to Michael Gove after objections to incinerator plan
Representing herself, Foster told magistrates that she had been provoked into carrying out the attack.
Magistrates adjourned sentencing for reports but warned Foster she may face prison when she appears in court again on March 13.