Woman attacked ex-friend
A DRINKER saw in the new year by attacking a former friend at a pub and chasing her down Somersham High Street, a court heard. Theresa Foster, 22, of Armstrong Court, Huntingdon, pleaded guilty to assaulting Sharlee Barrett on December 31 in Somersham s R
A DRINKER saw in the new year by attacking a former friend at a pub and chasing her down Somersham High Street, a court heard.
Theresa Foster, 22, of Armstrong Court, Huntingdon, pleaded guilty to assaulting Sharlee Barrett on December 31 in Somersham's Rose and Crown pub.
Prosecutor Laura Mardell told magistrates at Huntingdon how Ms Barrett had been at the bar in the pub when Foster grabbed her by the hair and dragged her towards the door.
Foster then yelled abuse at her victim and chased her down the street, twice throwing her to the ground by her hair, Miss Mardell said.
"She sat on her and banged her head on the pavement," the prosecutor added.
Ms Barrett was left with cuts and bruises following the attack and said in a victim statement that she was afraid to leave the house in case Foster attacked her again.
- 1 Planning proposal for a new café to be reviewed by St Neots Town Council
- 2 No water relief for depleted rivers and reservoirs with another heatwave forecast
- 3 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 4 Fire safety warning as Met Office warns second heatwave on way
- 5 Joyce proudly shows off her 100th birthday card from the Queen
- 6 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 War-time crash crew take on street names in Godmanchester
- 9 Little Gransden Air and Car Show to celebrate 30 years of fundraising for children in need
- 10 Dancers Jive, tango and have fun at the Illumination Dance Masquerade Ball
Representing herself, Foster told magistrates that she had been provoked into carrying out the attack.
Magistrates adjourned sentencing for reports but warned Foster she may face prison when she appears in court again on March 13.