Woman attacked ex-friend
A DRINKER saw in the new year by attacking a former friend at a pub and chasing her down Somersham High Street, a court heard. Theresa Foster, 22, of Armstrong Court, Huntingdon, pleaded guilty to assaulting Sharlee Barrett on December 31 in Somersham s R
A DRINKER saw in the new year by attacking a former friend at a pub and chasing her down Somersham High Street, a court heard.
Theresa Foster, 22, of Armstrong Court, Huntingdon, pleaded guilty to assaulting Sharlee Barrett on December 31 in Somersham's Rose and Crown pub.
Prosecutor Laura Mardell told magistrates at Huntingdon how Ms Barrett had been at the bar in the pub when Foster grabbed her by the hair and dragged her towards the door.
Foster then yelled abuse at her victim and chased her down the street, twice throwing her to the ground by her hair, Miss Mardell said.
You may also want to watch:
"She sat on her and banged her head on the pavement," the prosecutor added.
Ms Barrett was left with cuts and bruises following the attack and said in a victim statement that she was afraid to leave the house in case Foster attacked her again.
- 1 ‘The most glamorous christening the vicar had ever seen!’
- 2 Parking spaces so narrow that driver had to climb out the boot!
- 3 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 4 Have you seen Stevie the horse?
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 Petition launched to save school transport for special needs schools
- 7 Drug dealer who 'exploited vulnerable people' linked to 101 wraps of cocaine
- 8 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 9 Plea to hold a Macmillan Coffee Morning as sign-ups drop
- 10 Back after Zoom meetings and in fine voice
Representing herself, Foster told magistrates that she had been provoked into carrying out the attack.
Magistrates adjourned sentencing for reports but warned Foster she may face prison when she appears in court again on March 13.