Woman attacked ex-friend
A DRINKER saw in the new year by attacking a former friend at a pub and chasing her down Somersham High Street, a court heard. Theresa Foster, 22, of Armstrong Court, Huntingdon, pleaded guilty to assaulting Sharlee Barrett on December 31 in Somersham s R
A DRINKER saw in the new year by attacking a former friend at a pub and chasing her down Somersham High Street, a court heard.
Theresa Foster, 22, of Armstrong Court, Huntingdon, pleaded guilty to assaulting Sharlee Barrett on December 31 in Somersham's Rose and Crown pub.
Prosecutor Laura Mardell told magistrates at Huntingdon how Ms Barrett had been at the bar in the pub when Foster grabbed her by the hair and dragged her towards the door.
Foster then yelled abuse at her victim and chased her down the street, twice throwing her to the ground by her hair, Miss Mardell said.
You may also want to watch:
"She sat on her and banged her head on the pavement," the prosecutor added.
Ms Barrett was left with cuts and bruises following the attack and said in a victim statement that she was afraid to leave the house in case Foster attacked her again.
- 1 New garden village on outskirts of St Neots will bring 10,000 homes
- 2 Police move in to close house after reports of anti-social behaviour
- 3 Notice served to remove travellers from school site
- 4 Jail for man who stole more than £25,000 from company
- 5 Man named following fatal collision near Bluntisham
- 6 Mum's donation to thank 'incredible' midwives and maternity staff
- 7 Check out our photo gallery of cute family pets
- 8 Vaccine centres offering earlier second dose AstraZeneca
- 9 Almost 100 'sexual and violent crimes' recorded in two of our towns in one month
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
Representing herself, Foster told magistrates that she had been provoked into carrying out the attack.
Magistrates adjourned sentencing for reports but warned Foster she may face prison when she appears in court again on March 13.