Witch objectors should stand for governor
I READ the letters concerning the witches of Warboys with interest. It is important to remember, albeit with great regret, that Huntingdon was the site of the last judicial murder in England where innocent people were falsely accused of witchcraft. Howeve
I READ the letters concerning the witches of Warboys with interest. It is important to remember, albeit with great regret, that Huntingdon was the site of the last judicial murder in England where innocent people were falsely accused of witchcraft.
However, we are talking about a primary school logo - a logo which is in any event more reminiscent of Bedknobs and Broomsticks than of three terrified people being strung up in the town square.
Perhaps the school governors, whose job is the education and well-being of their students, have concluded that primary age children might benefit from a more positive association and have acted accordingly.
To those who object, may I suggest that they join the debate about what should replace the logo by standing for election to the governing body. To the school governors may I offer my congratulations for thinking so carefully about the messages they are passing on to the children of Warboys.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 2 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Tudor history and famous Chinese Bridge in Godmanchester
- 5 Riley turns imagination into reality with best-selling adventure book
- 6 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 7 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 8 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 9 Do you have items of history for nostalgia group?
- 10 Godmanchester community pulled together throughout the pandemic