Winners serve up for school
PUPILS at Buckden Primary School are so keen on healthy eating that they held a competition to design a healthy menu – and the winners had their dishes cooked for everyone to eat for school lunch. For the main courses, Megan Patel came up with tacos with
PUPILS at Buckden Primary School are so keen on healthy eating that they held a competition to design a healthy menu - and the winners had their dishes cooked for everyone to eat for school lunch.
For the main courses, Megan Patel came up with tacos with spicy beef, salad and cheese and Jacob Brown suggested salmon fish cakes with crunch salad. For dessert, Joe Reynolds decided on nectarine and coconut crumble.
The meal was cooked by the school's catering manager, Michelle Bigg who said it was a great success with the youngsters.
Buckden Primary School has run its own catering service for four years. All meals are prepared on the premises, fresh fruit and vegetables are on the menu every day and there is no processed food. School lunches are eaten by 70 per cent of pupils.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher, Margaret Leverett said: "Good healthy food is the basis of children's learning and youngsters who eat well are happy and do better at school.
- 1 Brampton Post Office customers say fond farewell to postmaster
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Kimbolton business announces new CEO
- 4 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 5 Fish and Chip shop wins award
- 6 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 7 Free Covid testing kits now available at some pharmacies
- 8 Organic Hunts beauty company Bossy Glossy gets celebrity support
- 9 East West Rail Route - further consultation going ahead
- 10 Primary school earns Fairtrade status