Wind turbines must be replicated by conventional generation
WIND turbines remain in the news. It needs repeating again and again that these bird shredders are totally pointless: wind cannot replace gas, coal or nuclear power plants, which must also be built as instant backup when the wind either drops or is too st
WIND turbines remain in the news. It needs repeating again and again that these bird shredders are totally pointless: wind cannot replace gas, coal or nuclear power plants, which must also be built as instant backup when the wind either drops or is too strong (which is about 70 per cent of the time).
Why build duplicate power plants anyway? Wind turbines cost the ordinary citizen twice over - through huge tax subsidies paid to the firms building them and our higher utility bills.
But I hear the cry: "global warming". I challenge any of your readers to send me scientific evidence that CO2 drives climate change. I will not accept computer modelling - that it not evidence. I asked this of the Met Office, but after several months' correspondence they have failed to produce any evidence. By the way, "global warming" stopped 10 years ago - without any help from us. Look at the figures released by UEA-CRU and from GISS etc.
- 1 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 2 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 3 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 4 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 5 Could you give these pets a home?
- 6 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!
- 7 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 8 Garages to to be replaced by affordable housing
- 9 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
- 10 St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer