Wind turbines must be replicated by conventional generation
WIND turbines remain in the news. It needs repeating again and again that these bird shredders are totally pointless: wind cannot replace gas, coal or nuclear power plants, which must also be built as instant backup when the wind either drops or is too st
WIND turbines remain in the news. It needs repeating again and again that these bird shredders are totally pointless: wind cannot replace gas, coal or nuclear power plants, which must also be built as instant backup when the wind either drops or is too strong (which is about 70 per cent of the time).
Why build duplicate power plants anyway? Wind turbines cost the ordinary citizen twice over - through huge tax subsidies paid to the firms building them and our higher utility bills.
But I hear the cry: "global warming". I challenge any of your readers to send me scientific evidence that CO2 drives climate change. I will not accept computer modelling - that it not evidence. I asked this of the Met Office, but after several months' correspondence they have failed to produce any evidence. By the way, "global warming" stopped 10 years ago - without any help from us. Look at the figures released by UEA-CRU and from GISS etc.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 2 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 3 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
- 4 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 5 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 6 Cambs police officer saves life of man who overdosed in park
- 7 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 8 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 9 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 10 Huntingdon business is first in UK to supply American craft beer