Wind turbines must be replicated by conventional generation
WIND turbines remain in the news. It needs repeating again and again that these bird shredders are totally pointless: wind cannot replace gas, coal or nuclear power plants, which must also be built as instant backup when the wind either drops or is too st
WIND turbines remain in the news. It needs repeating again and again that these bird shredders are totally pointless: wind cannot replace gas, coal or nuclear power plants, which must also be built as instant backup when the wind either drops or is too strong (which is about 70 per cent of the time).
Why build duplicate power plants anyway? Wind turbines cost the ordinary citizen twice over - through huge tax subsidies paid to the firms building them and our higher utility bills.
But I hear the cry: "global warming". I challenge any of your readers to send me scientific evidence that CO2 drives climate change. I will not accept computer modelling - that it not evidence. I asked this of the Met Office, but after several months' correspondence they have failed to produce any evidence. By the way, "global warming" stopped 10 years ago - without any help from us. Look at the figures released by UEA-CRU and from GISS etc.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 3 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 4 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 5 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 6 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 9 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 10 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down