Wind turbines are modern horrors
MUCH as I admire the photography of David Lloyd, I cannot agree that these windmills are ‘stunningly beautiful’.
They remind me of those chilling Martian war machines in Well’s War of the Worlds. First patiently constructed in their landing pits, they rear up and stride out to annihilate the human race.
However, these modern horrors will have a similar fate. In a very few years they too will stand, broken and decaying, as terrible monuments to a period of costly human folly.
Rev Philip Foster
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 2 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 3 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 4 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 5 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 6 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 7 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 8 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 9 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 10 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced