Wind turbines are modern horrors
MUCH as I admire the photography of David Lloyd, I cannot agree that these windmills are ‘stunningly beautiful’.
They remind me of those chilling Martian war machines in Well’s War of the Worlds. First patiently constructed in their landing pits, they rear up and stride out to annihilate the human race.
However, these modern horrors will have a similar fate. In a very few years they too will stand, broken and decaying, as terrible monuments to a period of costly human folly.
Rev Philip Foster
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man
- 7 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 8 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 9 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 10 More Readers' Photos for this week