Win tickets to the National Garden Railway Show at Peterborough
- Credit: Archant
The National Garden Railway Show will be chugging into Peterborough next weekend and you could be on board thanks to The Hunts Post.
We’ve teamed up with the organisers to offer readers the chance of winning entry tickets and a whole host of other prizes.
The show, billed as probably the largest of its kind in the world, will include steam trains in action all day, with layouts of various scales.
There will be more than 70 trade stands, a heritage display and auction, a model of the year competition and plenty of help and advice on offer for anyone interested in learning more about taking model trains outdoors.
Special guest at Peterborough Arena will be Quarry Hunslet “Alice”, a 1902 narrow gauge locomotive built for the slate quarries in North Wales. A Bentley belonging to railway photographer Ivo Peters is also due to make an appearance.
You may also want to watch:
The Hunts Post, in partnership with the Association of 16mm Narrow Gauge Modellers, has 10 prize packs to giveaway, each featuring a pair of tickets to the show, a pair of return bus passes for the dedicated event buses from Peterborough Railway Station, and a year’s joint membership of the Association.
To win, simply answer the following question: What is the name of the line that Huntingdon and St Neots railway stations are on?
- 1 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 4 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 5 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 6 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 7 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 8 100-year-old care home resident reveals secret to a long life
- 9 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 10 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
Answers on a postcard or sealed envelope to The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TB. Closing date is Wednesday, April 9.
And for anyone who is not fortunate enough to win, simply take a copy of this article with you on the day for 25 per cent off the cost of entry.
INFORMATION: The show is at Peterborough Arena, East of England Showground (PE2 6XE) from 9am on Saturday, April 12. Tickets are £8, under 18s free. For more, visit www.nationalgardenrailwayshow.org.uk.