Win tickets to see Two Ghost Stories in Huntingdon
BRAVE souls are invited to attend a spine-tingling evening of ghost stories being brought to life on stage in Huntingdon next week. Spooky tales by the master of the English ghost story, M.R James, will be the focus of Nunkie Theatre Company s one-man sh
BRAVE souls are invited to attend a spine-tingling evening of ghost stories being brought to life on stage in Huntingdon next week.
Spooky tales by the master of the English ghost story, M.R James, will be the focus of Nunkie Theatre Company's one-man show coming to the Commemoration Hall on Friday, February 12.
The show stars Robert Lloyd Parry, whose uncanny resemblance to Mr James has been noted with a shudder by more than one audience member.
In a preface to one of his books, Mr James wrote: "If any of my stories succeed in causing their readers to feel pleasantly uncomfortable when walking along a solitary road at nightfall, or sitting over a dying fire in the small hours, my purpose in writing them will have been attained..."
You may also want to watch:
The first tale of the evening is entitled Lost Hearts and is one of the first stories Mr James penned. It presents audience members with one of his most memorable villains, the predatory scholar, Mr Abney.
Also to be featured on the night of terror is one of Mr James's most poignant pieces of work, A Warning to the Curious. The story focuses on a young archaeologist who is haunted and guided by the guardian of an ancient treasure.
- 1 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 5 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 6 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 7 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 Wildlife group wants to hear about grass snake sightings
- 10 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
We have a pair of tickets to be won to see Two Ghost Stories in Huntingdon on Friday, February 12.
To be in with a chance of winning, just tell us the title of one of the books to feature in the show.
Send your answer on a postcard or sealed envelope to: Two Ghost Stories competition, The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TB or email: Natalie.email@example.com
Entries should include your name, address and a daytime telephone number and reach us by Wednesday, February 10.
Usual Archant competition rules apply.
INFORMATION: The show starts at 7.30pm. Tickets cost �8.50/�7.50 in advance from the Card Gallery in Huntingdon or 01480 455167 or www.ticketsource.co.uk/patch Only suitable for people over 13 years of age.