Win tickets to see Tony Benn in St Neots
THE longest serving Labour MP in the history of the party will be visiting St Neots to discuss his life in politics and reveal some entertaining anecdotes. An Evening with Tony Benn is taking place at the Priory Centre on Friday, April 30 at 7.30pm. Vet
THE longest serving Labour MP in the history of the party will be visiting St Neots to discuss his life in politics and reveal some entertaining anecdotes.
An Evening with Tony Benn is taking place at the Priory Centre on Friday, April 30 at 7.30pm.
Veteran Labour politician, Tony Benn was born in London in 1925 and joined the Labour party in 1942. He retired from the House of Commons in May 2001, after 50 years in Parliament. He was a Cabinet minister in the Wilson and Callaghan governments from 1964-79, as Minister of Technology, Secretary of State for both Industry and Energy and President of the Council of European Energy ministers in 1977.
His outspoken diaries record his trenchant views on the political landscape. The event in St Neots will see the politician talk about his life in politics and what he thinks about the changes in the Labour party. Audiences should expect an evening of frank responses and entertaining political anecdotes in what is the sequel to his original theatre tour.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be an opportunity for a question and answer session.
Mr Benn said: "I think people are fed up with sound bites, spin, sensation and scandal from politicians. What people really want is a chance to discuss issues that affect all our lives, the things that really matter, and that we have a discussion in a sensible uninterrupted and civilised manner.
- 1 Lorry driver who 'couldn't stand up' was three times over drink-drive limit
- 2 It's snowing! Send us your snow photos
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Fantastic snow photos from our Hunts Post readers
- 5 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 6 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 7 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 8 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 9 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 10 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
"A theatre is an excellent venue for this kind of intimate evening and is it is where political debate is really happening today. I get quite excited by this opportunity of bringing politics back to the people, which is probably not a good thing for a man of my age!"
We have a pair of tickets to be won to attend An Evening with Tony Benn in St Neots. To be in with a chance of winning, just tell us when Mr Benn joined the Labour party.
Send your answer on a postcard or sealed envelope to: Tony Benn competition, The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TB or email Natalie.email@example.com
Entries should include your name, address and a daytime telephone number and reach us by April 16.
Usual Archant competition rules apply.
INFORMATION: Tickets cost �16 in advance from 01480 388922 or www.priorycentre.com