Win tickets to see The Boat That Rocked
The Hunts Post movie of the week is The Boat that Rocked – Cert 15 WITH a stella cast, The Boat That Rocked, a homage to Radio Caroline, pirate radio ship of the 1960s, has Bill Nighy, Emma Thompson, Rhys Ifans, Jack Davenport, Kenneth Brannagh and Gemma
The Hunts Post movie of the week is The Boat that Rocked - Cert 15
WITH a stella cast, The Boat That Rocked, a homage to Radio Caroline, pirate radio ship of the 1960s, has Bill Nighy, Emma Thompson, Rhys Ifans, Jack Davenport, Kenneth Brannagh and Gemma Arterton in lead roles.
Written and directed by Richard Curtis (Bridget Jones and Love Actually) it tells the story of how a legal loophole allowed the radio ship to broadcast to some 25 million listeners.
In the 1960s, radio stations were anchored in the North Sea. Radio Caroline was off the coast of the UK from 1964 to 1989.
Tony Blackburn, the prototype for all DJs joined Caroline in July 1964, as the youngest DJ on British radio and rapidly won an enthusiastic teenage following. He had a sound effects "dog" called Arnold and opened every show with "let's away", ending with "have lots of fun, be good and 'bye for now - goodbye everyone". He was known for his corny jokes. He went on to work for Radio London and BBC Radio One, whose creation was a tribute to the popularity of pirate radio. We have three pairs to tickets for readers to win to see The Boat that Rocked at Cineworld in Towerfields, Huntingdon. To be in with a chance of winning a pair, tell us the name of the director of The Boat that Rocked.
Entries should be sent on a sealed envelope or postcard, please, with your full name, address and a daytime telephone number to: The Boat That Rocked Competition, The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TB.
- 1 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in their village
- 2 Vehicle caught fire on A1 near St Neots
- 3 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 4 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 5 Huntingdon Carnival and parade returns this summer
- 6 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 7 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 8 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
- 9 £1,350 a day (plus VAT) for new chief executive at combined authority
- 10 This year's Huntingdon in Bloom launch event has taken place
Entries must reach us by Friday, April 17. Usual Archant competition rules apply.