Win tickets to see Rik Mayall at Cambridge Arts Theatre
RIK Mayall stars in Balmoral, a comedy by Michael Frayn at Cambridge Arts Theatre and we have a pair of tickets for a reader to win for the opening night. The play is set in 1937 and supposes that the Russian Revolution of 1917 took place not in Russia bu
RIK Mayall stars in Balmoral, a comedy by Michael Frayn at Cambridge Arts Theatre and we have a pair of tickets for a reader to win for the opening night.
The play is set in 1937 and supposes that the Russian Revolution of 1917 took place not in Russia but in Britain and the royal palace of Balmoral in Scotland has now become a writers' commune.
Mayall, in a role, the publicity says he was born to play, is the warden of the commune, a character called Skinner. He must keep the wayward writers writing and ward off chaos. To his consternation, a government inspector is about to call.
Mayall's television roles including The Young Ones, Bottom, The New Statesman and The Comic Strip. Frayn's plays include Noises Off and Copenhagen.
To be in with a chance of winning a pair of top price tickets for Monday, August 24, tell us the name of the character, Rik Mayall plays in Balmoral.
Send your entry on a sealed envelope or postcard please, with your full name, address and a daytime telephone number, to: Balmoral Competition, The Hunts Post, 30 Huntingdon High Street, PE29 3TB. Entries must reach us by Wednesday (August 19). Usual Archant competition rules apply.
- 1 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 2 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 3 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 4 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 5 Garages to to be replaced by affordable housing
- 6 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 7 St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer
- 8 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
- 9 Woman dies in crash on London Road in St Ives
- 10 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!
INFORMATION: Balmoral runs from August 24-29 at 7.45pm with matinees Thursday and Saturday at 2.30pm. There is a free post show talk on the Tuesday. Tickets: 01223 503333 or www.cambridgeartstheatre.com