Win tickets to see Rik Mayall at Cambridge Arts Theatre
RIK Mayall stars in Balmoral, a comedy by Michael Frayn at Cambridge Arts Theatre and we have a pair of tickets for a reader to win for the opening night. The play is set in 1937 and supposes that the Russian Revolution of 1917 took place not in Russia bu
RIK Mayall stars in Balmoral, a comedy by Michael Frayn at Cambridge Arts Theatre and we have a pair of tickets for a reader to win for the opening night.
The play is set in 1937 and supposes that the Russian Revolution of 1917 took place not in Russia but in Britain and the royal palace of Balmoral in Scotland has now become a writers' commune.
Mayall, in a role, the publicity says he was born to play, is the warden of the commune, a character called Skinner. He must keep the wayward writers writing and ward off chaos. To his consternation, a government inspector is about to call.
Mayall's television roles including The Young Ones, Bottom, The New Statesman and The Comic Strip. Frayn's plays include Noises Off and Copenhagen.
You may also want to watch:
To be in with a chance of winning a pair of top price tickets for Monday, August 24, tell us the name of the character, Rik Mayall plays in Balmoral.
Send your entry on a sealed envelope or postcard please, with your full name, address and a daytime telephone number, to: Balmoral Competition, The Hunts Post, 30 Huntingdon High Street, PE29 3TB. Entries must reach us by Wednesday (August 19). Usual Archant competition rules apply.
- 1 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 6 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 9 Roman millstone with 2,000-year-old engraving of penis to go on display
- 10 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
INFORMATION: Balmoral runs from August 24-29 at 7.45pm with matinees Thursday and Saturday at 2.30pm. There is a free post show talk on the Tuesday. Tickets: 01223 503333 or www.cambridgeartstheatre.com