Win tickets to see Rik Mayall at Cambridge Arts Theatre
RIK Mayall stars in Balmoral, a comedy by Michael Frayn at Cambridge Arts Theatre and we have a pair of tickets for a reader to win for the opening night. The play is set in 1937 and supposes that the Russian Revolution of 1917 took place not in Russia bu
RIK Mayall stars in Balmoral, a comedy by Michael Frayn at Cambridge Arts Theatre and we have a pair of tickets for a reader to win for the opening night.
The play is set in 1937 and supposes that the Russian Revolution of 1917 took place not in Russia but in Britain and the royal palace of Balmoral in Scotland has now become a writers' commune.
Mayall, in a role, the publicity says he was born to play, is the warden of the commune, a character called Skinner. He must keep the wayward writers writing and ward off chaos. To his consternation, a government inspector is about to call.
Mayall's television roles including The Young Ones, Bottom, The New Statesman and The Comic Strip. Frayn's plays include Noises Off and Copenhagen.
You may also want to watch:
To be in with a chance of winning a pair of top price tickets for Monday, August 24, tell us the name of the character, Rik Mayall plays in Balmoral.
Send your entry on a sealed envelope or postcard please, with your full name, address and a daytime telephone number, to: Balmoral Competition, The Hunts Post, 30 Huntingdon High Street, PE29 3TB. Entries must reach us by Wednesday (August 19). Usual Archant competition rules apply.
- 1 'Armed police' swarm St Ives road in 'ongoing incident'
- 2 Man suspected of carrying knife 'in the street' is arrested in St Ives
- 3 Prison for 'violent' blackmailers who told victim 'we'll stab you'
- 4 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Here are your 'at a glance' lockdown changes from today (May 17)
- 7 Riley turns imagination into reality with best-selling adventure book
- 8 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 9 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
- 10 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
INFORMATION: Balmoral runs from August 24-29 at 7.45pm with matinees Thursday and Saturday at 2.30pm. There is a free post show talk on the Tuesday. Tickets: 01223 503333 or www.cambridgeartstheatre.com