Win tickets to see Rik Mayall at Cambridge Arts Theatre
RIK Mayall stars in Balmoral, a comedy by Michael Frayn at Cambridge Arts Theatre and we have a pair of tickets for a reader to win for the opening night. The play is set in 1937 and supposes that the Russian Revolution of 1917 took place not in Russia bu
RIK Mayall stars in Balmoral, a comedy by Michael Frayn at Cambridge Arts Theatre and we have a pair of tickets for a reader to win for the opening night.
The play is set in 1937 and supposes that the Russian Revolution of 1917 took place not in Russia but in Britain and the royal palace of Balmoral in Scotland has now become a writers' commune.
Mayall, in a role, the publicity says he was born to play, is the warden of the commune, a character called Skinner. He must keep the wayward writers writing and ward off chaos. To his consternation, a government inspector is about to call.
Mayall's television roles including The Young Ones, Bottom, The New Statesman and The Comic Strip. Frayn's plays include Noises Off and Copenhagen.
You may also want to watch:
To be in with a chance of winning a pair of top price tickets for Monday, August 24, tell us the name of the character, Rik Mayall plays in Balmoral.
Send your entry on a sealed envelope or postcard please, with your full name, address and a daytime telephone number, to: Balmoral Competition, The Hunts Post, 30 Huntingdon High Street, PE29 3TB. Entries must reach us by Wednesday (August 19). Usual Archant competition rules apply.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Lorry driver who 'couldn't stand up' was three times over drink-drive limit
- 4 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 5 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 6 Dad uses own mental health struggles to support other men
- 7 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 8 Fantastic snow photos from our Hunts Post readers
- 9 Covid-19 vaccine rolled out at care home in Huntingdon
- 10 Ramsey schoolgirl names new housing development
INFORMATION: Balmoral runs from August 24-29 at 7.45pm with matinees Thursday and Saturday at 2.30pm. There is a free post show talk on the Tuesday. Tickets: 01223 503333 or www.cambridgeartstheatre.com