Win tickets to see mediaeval joust in Warboys
FAMILIES will be able to experience the thrills and spectacle of a mediaeval joust when gallantry knights on brave horses gallop into Warboys next month. The Knights of Merry England jousting tournament is taking place at Lafinca Equestrian Centre in New
FAMILIES will be able to experience the thrills and spectacle of a mediaeval joust when gallantry knights on brave horses gallop into Warboys next month.
The Knights of Merry England jousting tournament is taking place at Lafinca Equestrian Centre in New Road on Saturday, July 18 and Sunday, July 19.
Audiences will be able to go back in time and witness knights in armour falling from their galloping charges while wielding deadly weapons.
There will also be comedy from jesters, an opportunity for children to meet the knights, and female audience members may be called upon to be ladies-in-waiting.
You may also want to watch:
The company was founded in 1966 by husband and wife Geoff and Val Winship and this will be their first visit to Warboys. They have toured the Austria, Holland and Finland and are believed to be the only UK knights to have jousted on Russian soil at St Petersburg.
Mr Winship, who lives in Dorset and who plays the tournament's Black Knight, said: "We are delighted to be coming to Warboys for what promises to be an afternoon of spectacular family entertainment."
- 1 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 2 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 3 Harrowing video warning from seriously ill 20-year-old who survived Covid
- 4 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 5 First patients in St Ives to receive Covid-19 vaccination
- 6 24-hour speaking event supports mental health charity
- 7 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 8 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 9 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 10 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
We have five family tickets to give away to see the mediaeval joust in Warboys on either July 18 or 19.
To be in with a chance of winning, just tell us, the name of the founders of the Knights of Merry England.
Send your answer on a postcard or sealed envelope to: Jousting competition, The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TB.
Entries should include your name, address and a daytime telephone number and reach us by Friday, June 26.
Usual Archant competition rules apply.
INFORMATION: Gates open at 1pm with the tournament starting at 3pm. Entry is �6 for adults and �4 for children aged 15 and under. To find out more, visit www.jousting.biz or phone 07702 888488.