Win tickets to Ramsey 1940s Weekend
VISITORS to Ramsey in August will be taking a trip back in time when the village hosts its award-winning 1940s Weekend. The event, which won a Huntingdonshire Association for Tourism Award (HAT), will be held on Saturday, August 22 and
VISITORS to Ramsey in August will be taking a trip back in time when the village hosts its award-winning 1940s Weekend.
The event, which won a Huntingdonshire Association for Tourism Award (HAT), will be held on Saturday, August 22 and Sunday, August 23 at RAF Upwood.
Last year more than 7,000 people, some from as far away as America turned out to help raise thousands of pounds for Cambridgeshire charities. People of all ages donned 1940s outfits and all 1,000 tickets for the Saturday night Hanger Dance sold out.
This year's entertainment includes children's tank rides, dance lessons, living history displays, vintage clothing fashion show, hangar dance and live swing music. There will even be stalls offering all things 1940s, including Spam sandwiches.
As well as the people of the 1940s, the weekend will shine a spotlight on the machines that made the age iconic with a display of classic cars and motorbikes and armoured military vehicles.
Businesses in Ramsey will also be getting involved with a best dressed shop competition and a famers market.
- 1 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 2 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 3 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 4 St Ives man undergoes pioneering heart treatment
- 5 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 6 Hundreds gather to see Santa on The Quay in St Ives
- 7 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 8 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 9 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 10 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald
We have two family tickets (two adults and two children) to give away to attend Ramsey 1940s Weekend on Saturday, August 22.
To be in with a chance of winning, just tell us the name of the award won by the event.
Send your answer on a postcard or sealed envelope to: Ramsey 1940s competition, The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TB.
Entries should include your name, address and a daytime telephone number and reach us by Friday, July 3.
Usual Archant competition rules apply.
INFORMATION: Ramsey 1940s weekend is running from 10am-5pm. Day tickets cost �6 for adults, �4 for senior citizens and free for children under five. Tickets for the hangar dance cost �13.50 and are available from 01524 264948 or Carousel in Great Whyte, Ramsey. To find out more, visit, www.ramsey1940sweekend.info