Win tickets to Cambs garden and food show
HUNTINGDONSHIRE’S premier garden and food show returns to Abbots Ripton this summer, offering a fantastic day out and the chance to support a variety of local and national charities.
The Abbots Ripton Hall Garden and Food Show takes place in the grounds of Lord and Lady de Ramsey’s home. For two days, starting on June 30, the de Ramsey’s garden is open to the paying public while the surrounding fields are taken over by trade stalls, cookery demonstrations and lots, lots more.
And, as one of the show’s supporters, The Hunts Post has 10 pairs of tickets to give away to this special event.
The Abbots Ripton Hall Garden and Food Show has become one of the district’s biggest fundraising events. Taking place every two years, the 2010 show raised about �65,000 for charity – money raised by thousands of people flocking to see the gardens and attractions.
This year’s event will continue to build on the show’s success.
You may also want to watch:
Besides the opportunity to explore the hall gardens, which cover 8.5 acres (the parkland extends to another 10 acres), BBC gardening presenter and author Steve Brookes has been confirmed as one the guests speakers in the main marquee.
There will also be a food show, silent auction, a tea garden, brass bands and more than 80 trade stands as well as plenty of opportunities to get some hot or cold refreshments.
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 3 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 4 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 5 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 9 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 10 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
To win a pair of tickets, just text the answer to the following question:
How much did the Abbots Ripton Hall Garden and Food Show raise in 2010?
Text THP HALL followed by your answer A, B or C, plus name and postcode to 80058. For example text: THP HALL A John Smith PE29 3TB. Texts cost 50p plus your standard network rate. Closing date is March 14, 2012.
INFORMATION: Usual Archant competition rules apply. Tickets cost �8 adults, children under 15 free. Advance tickets from http://quay.it/abbotsriptonhall are �7.