Win tickets to Cambs garden and food show
HUNTINGDONSHIRE’S premier garden and food show returns to Abbots Ripton this summer, offering a fantastic day out and the chance to support a variety of local and national charities.
The Abbots Ripton Hall Garden and Food Show takes place in the grounds of Lord and Lady de Ramsey’s home. For two days, starting on June 30, the de Ramsey’s garden is open to the paying public while the surrounding fields are taken over by trade stalls, cookery demonstrations and lots, lots more.
And, as one of the show’s supporters, The Hunts Post has 10 pairs of tickets to give away to this special event.
The Abbots Ripton Hall Garden and Food Show has become one of the district’s biggest fundraising events. Taking place every two years, the 2010 show raised about �65,000 for charity – money raised by thousands of people flocking to see the gardens and attractions.
This year’s event will continue to build on the show’s success.
Besides the opportunity to explore the hall gardens, which cover 8.5 acres (the parkland extends to another 10 acres), BBC gardening presenter and author Steve Brookes has been confirmed as one the guests speakers in the main marquee.
There will also be a food show, silent auction, a tea garden, brass bands and more than 80 trade stands as well as plenty of opportunities to get some hot or cold refreshments.
- 1 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in their village
- 2 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 3 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 4 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 5 Woman has 'medical episode' during A1(M) crash
- 6 13-year-old helped to rescue distressed paddleboarders
- 7 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
- 8 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 9 Civil war event in Huntingdon this weekend
- 10 Thousands come together at RAF Wyton for Armed Forces Day
To win a pair of tickets, just text the answer to the following question:
How much did the Abbots Ripton Hall Garden and Food Show raise in 2010?
Text THP HALL followed by your answer A, B or C, plus name and postcode to 80058. For example text: THP HALL A John Smith PE29 3TB. Texts cost 50p plus your standard network rate. Closing date is March 14, 2012.
INFORMATION: Usual Archant competition rules apply. Tickets cost �8 adults, children under 15 free. Advance tickets from http://quay.it/abbotsriptonhall are �7.