Win dinner for two at Cambs newest hotel and restaurant
- Credit: Archant
THE Dinning Room is the one of the newest additions to Cambridgeshire’s fine dining establishments.
And one lucky Hunts Post reader will win a three-course meal for two at this luxurious establishment.
The new restaurant is at the Poets House in Ely – part of the House Collection, a high quality boutique hotel group based on the small luxury house concept. The three-story property is opposite Oliver Cromwell’s house and has magnificent views of Ely Cathedral.
Due to open at the end of the month, the Dining Room will offer the very best in British cooking with a contemporary twist. Wherever possible local produce will be sourced and the menu will reflect seasonal influences. In contrast to many other restaurants there will also be a dedicated vegetarian menu – the Garden Menu.
The menus have been created under the guidance of executive chef of the House Collection, Leah Jenson, and include mains such as fillet of Riverside beef, with slow-cooked cheek, shallot tart; Elveden Farm rainbow chard and trio of Sutton Hoo chicken, wild garlic and air-dried ham.
For those with a sweet tooth, the dessert menu offers a lot of temptation – chocolate fondant; baked yoghurt, gingerbread ice-cream, apple and cinnamon; and a peanut butter jelly.
The hotel and restaurant have already got the critics excited as Poets House has been named in The Times cool new hotels for 2013. In addition to first class accommodation and fine dining, Poets House will offer a comprehensive site of facilities for corporate events and special occasions.
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 3 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 4 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 5 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 6 Updated details of the Christmas lights switch-on in St Neots
- 7 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 8 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 9 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 10 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
To be in with a chance of winning dinner for two in The Dining Room, just answer the following question:
Where was Oliver Cromwell born?
Send your answers on a postcard or sealed envelope to Poets House Competition, The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon PE29 3TB. Usual Archant competition rules apply. Deadline for entries is April 26. The prize, which excludes drinks, must be taken before December 31, 2103 and booking is subject to availability.
INFORMATION: The Poets House, is in St Mary’s Street, Ely. For further details call 01223 653111 or visit www.poetshouse.com