Win �150 to spend on Fairtrade products at Co-operative foodstores
IT S Fairtrade Fortnight and the nation has been set a challenge. The Fairtrade Foundation wants shoppers swap their usual food and drink items for Fairtrade goods – and they are hoping to reach a grand total of one million and one swaps. The swap coul
IT'S Fairtrade Fortnight and the nation has been set a challenge.
The Fairtrade Foundation wants shoppers swap their usual food and drink items for Fairtrade goods - and they are hoping to reach a grand total of one million and one swaps.
The swap could make a huge difference. Take tea alone - 165million cups of tea are supped in the UK every day and, at the moment, only 10 per cent of the tea sold in this country is Fairtrade.
To support Fairtrade Fortnight - which started on Monday and runs until March 7 - Anglia Co-operative will be providing schools with a selection of Fairtrade products to make it easy for pupils to try Fairtrade.
You may also want to watch:
And to make it easier for readers, Anglia Co-operative has teamed up with The Hunts Post to give away shopping vouchers worth a total of �450.
Three prizes of �150 are on offer for shoppers to spend on Fairtrade products at the Co-operative Foodstores in Ramsey, St Ives or St Neots.
- 1 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 3 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 4 Huntingdon man found with stash of drugs and cash is jailed
- 5 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 6 Brampton's 'fantastic' village fete welcomes 4,000 revellers
- 7 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 8 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 9 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 10 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
Fairtrade ensures farmers and workers always get a price for their goods that not only covers their costs, but allows them to invest in their businesses, their children's education, health and other community benefits.
The Co-operative has been supporting Fairtrade since its inception and its stores stock a wide range of Fairtrade products, including coffee, tea, and chocolate.
To be in with a chance of winning the shopping vouchers, just tell us how many cups of tea are drunk in the UK every day.
Send your answer on a postcard or sealed envelope to: Co-operative Fairtrade competition, The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TB or e-mail email@example.com
Entries should include your name, address and a daytime telephone number and reach us by Friday, March 5.
Usual Archant competition rules apply.
INFORMATION: Archant Limited may wish to contact you about special offers, products and services by email from time to time. If you WOULD like to be contacted by email please include your email address on your postal entry or mark your email entry with 'Agreed to contact'.