Win �150 to spend on Fairtrade products at Co-operative foodstores
IT S Fairtrade Fortnight and the nation has been set a challenge. The Fairtrade Foundation wants shoppers swap their usual food and drink items for Fairtrade goods – and they are hoping to reach a grand total of one million and one swaps. The swap coul
IT'S Fairtrade Fortnight and the nation has been set a challenge.
The Fairtrade Foundation wants shoppers swap their usual food and drink items for Fairtrade goods - and they are hoping to reach a grand total of one million and one swaps.
The swap could make a huge difference. Take tea alone - 165million cups of tea are supped in the UK every day and, at the moment, only 10 per cent of the tea sold in this country is Fairtrade.
To support Fairtrade Fortnight - which started on Monday and runs until March 7 - Anglia Co-operative will be providing schools with a selection of Fairtrade products to make it easy for pupils to try Fairtrade.
And to make it easier for readers, Anglia Co-operative has teamed up with The Hunts Post to give away shopping vouchers worth a total of �450.
Three prizes of �150 are on offer for shoppers to spend on Fairtrade products at the Co-operative Foodstores in Ramsey, St Ives or St Neots.
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 3 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 4 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 5 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 6 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 7 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 8 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 9 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 10 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
Fairtrade ensures farmers and workers always get a price for their goods that not only covers their costs, but allows them to invest in their businesses, their children's education, health and other community benefits.
The Co-operative has been supporting Fairtrade since its inception and its stores stock a wide range of Fairtrade products, including coffee, tea, and chocolate.
To be in with a chance of winning the shopping vouchers, just tell us how many cups of tea are drunk in the UK every day.
Send your answer on a postcard or sealed envelope to: Co-operative Fairtrade competition, The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TB or e-mail email@example.com
Entries should include your name, address and a daytime telephone number and reach us by Friday, March 5.
Usual Archant competition rules apply.
INFORMATION: Archant Limited may wish to contact you about special offers, products and services by email from time to time. If you WOULD like to be contacted by email please include your email address on your postal entry or mark your email entry with 'Agreed to contact'.